Clip 4GB A/C Wall Charger Available?

Miikerman wrote:

I haven’t tried it and so can’t confirm, but my assumption is that it is.  What I’ve read here is that USB output is a set standard and so that is why there is this interchangeability of AC adapters (and why so many people report success with cellphone chargers, such as for the Motorola Razr; and my Mio GPS charger works as well).  You may want to try the Walmart if there’s a store nearby, in case you need to return it.  (Or do the Macally at buy.com using Google Checkout and save $10 that way.)  Sorry I don’t have other info.–it really would be nice if SanDisk had a list of verified chargers, if just for quality control purposes.

Milkerman:

Thanks for the Buy.com reference and I agree. It seems a reasonable request as a Sansa customer that Sansa could identify for us at least one or a couple of A/C adapters which the Sansa engineers confirm as being compatible with the Clip’s electrical specs, to avoid consumer problems from incompatible chargers, warranty issues, etc. Many customers will need, or would prefer to use, a wall charger vs. the PC for recharging the Clip,  such as my elderly father.

Any challenger to take on the market dominance of the iPod has to also encourage accessories for use with ts products. The iPod accessory market is huge and is an industry itself.

Sansa Reps, what say you???

CalKidWilly