Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip 2GB - Hello and Goodbye messages?

dave61430 wrote:
It's been over 50 years since I left there, used to say 'Cheerio'. How about 'Tat-ta for now', or is that gone too.

Ta-ta's have an entirely different meaning here in the States. Smiley Surprised

But then so does the word . . .  nahhhh, better not say it. The PC police might jump all over me. Anyway, in Britain I'm told it is the vernacular for a cigarette.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Tapeworm wrote:

dave61430 wrote:
It's been over 50 years since I left there, used to say 'Cheerio'. How about 'Tat-ta for now', or is that gone too.

Ta-ta's have an entirely different meaning here in the States. Smiley Surprised

But then so does the word . . .  nahhhh, better not say it. The PC police might jump all over me. Anyway, in Britain I'm told it is the vernacular for a cigarette.

I know which word that is!

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

@dave61430 wrote:

Er.. it's mainly just 'bye' or 'see you later' - nothing really different to elsewhere, except maybe the accent. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Re: Tapeworm saying "I didn't know the Clip had a slot."

It doesn't have a slot. I have a clip+. I had that problem with my Clip+, searched for the answer, and didn't notice I was on the wrong forum. The answer worked anyway, for which I am grateful.

Message Edited by HopeRises on 07-02-2010 02:46 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

At least we're back on-topic now . . . this was beginning to turn into the Cheerios & Ta-tas thread.

Not that there's anything wrong with either one, but modesty and forum rules discourage a proper & enthusiastic discussion, besides it detracting from the subject at hand. Smiley Tongue