Highlighted

Clip 2GB - Hello and Goodbye messages?

[ Edited ]

I just got a refurbished Sandisk Clip 2GB.  A friend of mine got one as well.  I noticed that his says Goodbye when he shuts it down....mine doesn't.  Is this a problem that I should be concerned about?  We both upgraded to the latest firmware version (V01.01.30P). 

The reason I was wondering is that I was reading a different thread here and someone implied that if you didn't get the Goodbye message that the Clip wasn't shutting down properly.  NOTE: I've had mine about a week now and it seems to be holding a charge between uses.

Message Edited by Dallasguy on 11-30-2008 10:38 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip 2GB - Hello and Goodbye messages?

I think you should send it back. Re-furb or not, the least it could do is be "polite"! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I would try updating to the latest firmware/re-applying it--that can fix things.  See the sticky threads at the top of the forum for instructions and links.
Highlighted

I had the same problem, and reinstalling the firmware fixed it. Thank you. And the last time I plugged it in to my computer, it didn't show the memory card, and now it does.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

HopeRises wrote:
I had the same problem, and reinstalling the firmware fixed it. Thank you. And the last time I plugged it in to my computer, it didn't show the memory card, and now it does.

I didn't know the Clip had a card slot.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

It only says hello and goodbye if the region is set as north america iirc.  Which is annoying.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Don't know about that, but if true I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Have a nice day might be appropriate for the NA models, Cheerio for the English etc.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

no one says cheerio
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

@summerlove wrote:
no one says cheerio

I do when asking for the breakfast cereal (plural form, of course).  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

It's been over 50 years since I left there, used to say 'Cheerio'. How about 'Tat-ta for now', or is that gone too.