Clip 2GB - Hello and Goodbye messages?

I just got a refurbished Sandisk Clip 2GB.  A friend of mine got one as well.  I noticed that his says Goodbye when he shuts it down…mine doesn’t.  Is this a problem that I should be concerned about?   We both upgraded to the latest firmware version (V01.01.30P). 

The reason I was wondering is that I was reading a different thread here and someone implied that if you didn’t get the Goodbye message that the Clip wasn’t shutting down properly.  NOTE: I’ve had mine about a week now and it seems to be holding a charge between uses.

Message Edited by Dallasguy on 11-30-2008 10:38 AM

I think you should send it back. Re-furb or not, the least it could do is be “polite”! :smileyvery-happy:

I would try updating to the latest firmware/re-applying it–that can fix things.  See the sticky threads at the top of the forum for instructions and links.

I had the same problem, and reinstalling the firmware fixed it. Thank you. And the last time I plugged it in to my computer, it didn’t show the memory card, and now it does.

HopeRises wrote:
I had the same problem, and reinstalling the firmware fixed it. Thank you. And the last time I plugged it in to my computer, it didn’t show the memory card, and now it does.

I didn’t know the Clip had a card slot.

It only says hello and goodbye if the region is set as north america iirc.  Which is annoying.

Don’t know about that, but if true I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Have a nice day might be appropriate for the NA models, Cheerio for the English etc.

no one says cheerio

@summerlove wrote:
no one says cheerio

I do when asking for the breakfast cereal (plural form, of course).  :slight_smile:

It’s been over 50 years since I left there, used to say ‘Cheerio’. How about ‘Tat-ta for now’, or is that gone too.

dave61430 wrote:
It’s been over 50 years since I left there, used to say ‘Cheerio’. How about ‘Tat-ta for now’, or is that gone too.

Ta-ta’s have an entirely different meaning here in the States. :dizzy_face:

But then so does the word . . .  nahhhh, better not say it. The PC police might jump all over me. Anyway, in Britain I’m told it is the vernacular for a cigarette.

Tapeworm wrote:

dave61430 wrote:

Ta-ta’s have an entirely different meaning here in the States. :dizzy_face:

But then so does the word . . .  nahhhh, better not say it. The PC police might jump all over me. Anyway, in Britain I’m told it is the vernacular for a cigarette.

I know which word that is!

@dave61430 wrote:

Er… it’s mainly just ‘bye’ or ‘see you later’ - nothing really different to elsewhere, except maybe the accent. 

Re: Tapeworm saying “I didn’t know the Clip had a slot.”

It doesn’t have a slot. I have a clip+. I had that problem with my Clip+, searched for the answer, and didn’t notice I was on the wrong forum. The answer worked anyway, for which I am grateful.

Message Edited by HopeRises on 07-02-2010 02:46 PM

At least we’re back on-topic now . . . this was beginning to turn into the Cheerios & Ta-tas thread.

Not that there’s anything wrong with either one, but modesty and forum rules discourage a proper & enthusiastic discussion, besides it detracting from the subject at hand. :stuck_out_tongue: