Classes of the micro sd

Do you recommend me to buy a class 2, 4, 6 or 8 for the right function in the Clip+? Which class of micro sd do you have on your Sansa?

Don’t think there is a Class 8 card. Personally, I’m perfectly happy with Class 2 cards for the price. The higher speed cards are going to be considerably higher in cost. The loading and possibly the refresh times might be slightly faster with the higher class cards, but playback is going to be exactly the same.

Maybe I’m just frugal. :stuck_out_tongue:

My understanding also is that the memory installed in the Clip is Class 2 or so.

There is also a class 10…

If we do get a class 2 MicroSDHC card (transflash?) what is the biggest we can get? 16GB or 32GB? I “think” Transflash is just another name for MicroSDHC.

A 32 GB card is coming out now, at a whopping $200 or so …  Stick with a 16 GB card in the neighborhood of $50-$60 (and sometimes as low as around $30).

OK, so any 16GB MicroSDHC card as a Class 2 is OK…I mean Transflash means nothing, right?

Please can you answer my question? There is a significant difference in the performance of the memory in the clip+ by the classes? (Classes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10)

FYI i want to buy a 8gb card… 

Privilege7 wrote:

Please can you answer my question? There is a significant difference in the performance of the memory in the clip+ by the classes? (Classes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10)

FYI i want to buy a 8gb card… 

Thought I did . . .

Tapeworm wrote:

Don’t think there is a Class 8 card. Personally, I’m perfectly happy with Class 2 cards for the price. The higher speed cards are going to be considerably higher in cost. The loading and possibly the refresh times might be slightly faster with the higher class cards, but playback is going to be exactly the same.

Maybe I’m just frugal. :stuck_out_tongue:

@mpsan wrote:
If we do get a class 2 MicroSDHC card (transflash?) what is the biggest we can get? 16GB or 32GB? I “think” Transflash is just another name for MicroSDHC.

“Transflash” is the old name for a microSD card.  The name was changed in 2006.

Happened to come across the name in wiki.  It’s mentioned in the history of SD cards section if you’re interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

@mags1230 wrote:

@mpsan wrote:

“Transflash” is the old name for a microSD card.  The name was changed in 2006.

Happened to come across the name in wiki.  It’s mentioned in the history of SD cards section if you’re interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

Thank you…and 16GB seems more than enough unless I use FLAC!

P.S. Did not want to HiJack Thread but I, too, thought the OP’s question was given.

Message Edited by MPSAN on 03-27-2010 11:42 AM