Charge and turn off player

Hi!

I started to initial charge my new sansa clip+ by wall charger and after 30sec I turn off player on power button. 4 hours later I disconnected player from charger and turn it on. Info page show 92% battery status. Am I did anything wrong, or it is OK?

I don’t think you can actually turn off the player while its charging, so I’m curious how exactly you turned it off?

@vlaya wrote:

Hi!

I started to initial charge my new sansa clip+ by wall charger and after 30sec I turn off player on power button. 4 hours later I disconnected player from charger and turn it on. Info page show 92% battery status. Am I did anything wrong, or it is OK?

You might leave the player charging longer to see if it charges any more.   Likely, it’s fully charged–the Sansa Clip battery gauge can be a bit, um, “approximate.”  

During charging (by wall charger) I pressed power button and display was turned off.

Hm, maybe, at this moment, clip+ has stopped charging?

Yes. After that, I emptied battery completely and charge again (4X full cycles) and every time battery charge to 100% level.

But, now, I’m worried- with only 92% of first charging (and with player turned off) battery is, maybe, damaged?

@vlaya wrote:

Yes. After that, I emptied battery completely and charge again (4X full cycles) and every time battery charge to 100% level.

But, now, I’m worried- with only 92% of first charging (and with player turned off) battery is, maybe, damaged?

Not to worry. This won’t affect it in the least.

I get same thing, can take more than 4 hours but charge indicator might say full. Just leave it on charge longer and don’t worry abuot it.

I think it may stop charging if you turn unit off, not sure but it’s a funny way for the thing to but work who cares

Probably is all OK. Thanks for your answers. I only wanted to get best battery life from my clip+, and thats why I listened instruction from Sandisk knowledge base: ‘Device should be off to maximize charging’.

Ha… maybe, the guy from support team who wrote this advice, listening private iPod, which can be turned off and charging :wink:

“Probably is all OK. Thanks for your answers. I only wanted to get best battery life from my clip+, and thats why I listened instruction from Sandisk knowledge base: ‘Device should be off to maximize charging’.”

He meant to say the music should be paused if you want faster charging.