Cannot download updater!-NO internet connection??

Everytime I try to download the updater , it keeps telling me I dont have an internet connection! I DO have an internet connection. I have an older sansa clip and my computer will not recognize it without the update. I have tried everything.

You dont need the Updater as you can always do a manual update. In addition, updating the firmware or installing the updater to your computer will not help in resolve the issue.

Follow the steps on this Knowledgebase article

Thanks,  I dont know how to download manually and I still can not figure why it is telling me I have no internet connection. I did update to windows media 10 and it recognizes my clip. I just need to mess with it to figure it out! Thanks

Now I have the sansa folder under F. But all the folders inside of it are empty even though there is music on my clip.

@mm1 wrote:

Now I have the sansa folder under F. But all the folders inside of it are empty even though there is music on my clip.

If you have a drive F: it means you are connected in MSC mode. You probably also have a drive G: which would be the card slot. In this mode, your computer sees your player as another drive or storage device (like a thumb drive or memory stick).

If you cannot see any of your music, that means your files were transferred to the player in MTP mode. Your computer cannot ‘see’ these files unless the player is connected in the same mode in which they were transferred in. Change the mode in Settings > System Settings > USB Mode. Don’t use the Auto Defect setting. It can connect in either mode without your knowledge creating confusion. Switch it manually to MTP and you should be able to find your music. :smiley: