Can you please help me in deciding between Fuze, Clip+ and E270?

Thanks!

Ok, I must confess, I have read many posts here (I see that, finally, you all are always the same guys answering, congratulations), ABI, Head-Fi… And a few reviews.

Anyway, I still would like to understand (maybe you already told me, but please repeat). Also, please, answer about your direct first person knowledge of the devices… I need real comparison, I don´t care about nominal superiority of the new processor. I do not need a “this is better” but a explication of the differences. So I can decide in the shop, according on the preice I will get. IE, in this moment a Clip+ 4Gb would costs me 10US$ more than a Fuze 8gb (no idea if V1 or 2), and a Clip+8gb would costs 27US$ more… Tomorrow I will check availibility and prices of other shops.

1. I own, actually, just a pair of economic Phillips SHS8000 IEM, 16ohms, 102db, 6-23.500 hz, 50mW. I have read that they are considered very good for the price. But I tell you, to let you know which IEM I will use. No Shure or luxury ones. For now.

2. what REALLY changes in SQ between Clip+, Faze V1, and Faze V2 (and how do I know, when I am to buy a Faze, if it is V1 or 2)?

3. THis “warmer sound” of Clip+, is something good or it is just a polite way to say that it lacks of highs and basses and it is not crispy and transparent? I believe that JK said Clip was too bright, CLip+ not enough bright, Fuze is the best. Is it right? I do not like metallic sound or eq where high and bass are so exagerated that vocals sound terribly. But I do like crispy highs, and good, present, basses, and a definite transparent clear and deep sound (yes, I shuld get better IEM, but let´s start from player).

4. I am a hard shuffler. I quite never look for a specific song or listen to an entire album. I generally shuffle all my music, all genres, to be surprised. I have read somewhere that Clip had better shuffle functionthan Fuze. What about CLip+? My generic MP4 pick up the same songs all the time!!!

5. concretely, for those who owned E200v1 and now own Fuze and/or Clip+: how does the E200v1 with Rockbox sound compared to CLip+ and Fuze?

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 01-24-2010 09:07 PM