Can't see music on my mac mini

I just bought a Mac Mini…and now I can’t see my music on my Sansa Clip through my new computer. I followed the instructions provided on this site to update the software…but don’t see any ZIP file. I had my player in “auto-detect”…then switched to MSC mode. Any help or reference to another post on this subject would be appreciated. I can’t manage my music via the Mac now. Thanks, Dean

Message Edited by dlhviking on 01-01-2010 01:50 PM

The firmware is at the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum, under each of the “All Regions-Click here to download” links.  http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=15109  Select the firmware applicable to your Clip, according to the directions.

The Clip should be set to MSC mode for a Mac.  It might work to do a Clip system reset (with the Clip off, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds) and then try again (again, with the USB Mode set to MSC first).

I appreciate the response…and was able to update the software. However, I still can’t see my music via my Mac. When I open the “Music” file…it shows nothing. I do only have MSC selected. Any other suggestions?

When your player is connected to your computer under USB MSC mode (set under the player’s Settings/USB Mode), your computer only sees the files that had been transferred to the player when the player was connected under MSC mode.  Likewise as to MTP mode.  Regardless, all the files show up and are playable on your player, under whatever USB mode setting.

Could it be that the files you can’t see were transferred to your Clip under MTP mode, and your computer isn’t showing them because you now are under MSC mode?  Note that if you were under Auto mode, the Clip will try to use MTP mode first.

If that’s the case, you can reformat the Clip under its settings and start over.  Note:  this will erase your content on the Clip.  Otherwise, find a PC you can connect to under MTP mode and connect; transfer your content back to the computer; disconnect and reconnect under MSC mode; and transfer your content back to your Clip.

Hope this helps–

Thanks…I’m sure you described what’s going on. I will try and do what you said…I appreciate the information. Helps out a lot.

Another alternative is to get hold of the application XNJB from XNJB - I have used this with my 8GB Clip and Mac Mini, but like most people I prefer the simplicity of MSC and drag and drop.