Can't play Flac files

Hi,

I have Sansa Clip Firmware version 02.01.32A and I am not able to play flac files. I have read most of the posts about this but still can’t load them onto my 2G clip. They are normal flac files with the extention .flac and play fine on my hard drive.

Any suggestions?

What exactly do you mean by “not able to play flac files” and “an’t load them onto my 2G clip”?  Can you describe the exact steps you are going through and the behavior you are seeing?

Basically it just works, so we’ll need a little more info to help you.

I found the solution by searching through the posts more carefully.

I had the USB setting on auto and I changed it to “MSC”

Thanks.

Message Edited by beach_runner on 04-04-2009 04:03 AM

I found the solution by searching through the posts more carefully.

I had the USB setting on auto and I changed it to “MSC”

Thanks.

Hello there,

I just bought a 8GB Sansa Clip+ and loaded some flac albums, but I can’t hear nothing. The player’s display shows the names of all the songs, but keep skiping to the next one (only with flacs, mp3 works well).

Well, it tried these controvertial files on my TVs player with no problem. I also tried placing the files on the player itself and on the SD card with no results.

In other post I found that the flac tag system has to be Vorbis (no ID3), so I tried to find out that with this method and using Mediainfo with no success.

Well, I’m kind of lost. I friend got the same 8GB Clip+ a couple of weeks before and is showing the same behaviour.

Any ideas??

What program are you using to rip the FLAC files? I’ve used EAC with no problems.

I’m not sure, I didin’t rip these fiacs

IIRC the sandisk firmware can’t decode 24 bit FLAC files, so double check that.

BTW, you may want to look at rockbox, as our FLAC decoder is many times faster than the official one, resulting in much better battery life.

Rockbox is www.rockbox.org  . It’s an alternate firmware that has a lot of capabilities. Follow the install instructions carefully.

You can also re-encode the files with media coder.  Even if you go .flac to .flac you might have some luck

http://www.mediacoderhq.com/

I’ll try first with MediaCoder and report, then with the firmware. Thanks a lot for the advices.

Cheers!

Well, I tried to re-encode the flac files (effectively they were 24bit) with no success (ffmpeg isn’t so friendly as I expected).

Then I tried with Rockbox and solved everything!

Thanks for the advise.

Cheers!