Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Can't add files to my Sansa Clip

Try:

With the Clip off, put it into hold state (on switch down so that the orange shows) and connect it to your computer while holding the center button down.  This forces an MSC mode connection.

Highlighted

nothings happens when I try that.  Should the clip show something on its screen when connected???

:-(

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Yep, it should show that you are connected, if it works.  Sorry ...
Highlighted

ok, thanks for trying to help. Bought this for my holiday which I'm off on in a couple of days, gonna have to admit defeat and buy something else instead! Smiley Sad
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

It very likely could be something with your computer.  A few years back, my MP3 player wouldn't show in my computer, and I traced it to be a Windows issue where Windows was assigning the player the same drive letter as a pre-existing device on the computer.  The solution was going to the Drive Management section of Windows and manually assigning a new drive letter for the player.  Windows is supposed to do this automatically but, for some reason, slips up sometimes.  (This was with a Windows XP system.)  You might want to look into this on your computer.

You also could call SanDisk for help.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Again, I think it may be how your computer is connecting, not the Clip.