Burned twice by Sandisk.... never again!!!

The first time, I had gotten the Express… went through three in less then a year, each time Sandisk was harder to work with to get a replacement.  Now…with great doubt on service and product, I am now trying to get service again.  I have a Clip+… radio, size, and the clip on the back were the biggest selling points for me.  I even purchased extra protection from the store I bought it from.  Here it is… six months later, the clip is broken, Sandisk won’t replace it and the extra protection… at this time… says it is a Sandisk problem!!!  I will go with Creative Labs next time!!!  My husband’s is older then this 6 month cheap plastic and still works, after a few years!!!

Shame on Sandisk!!! :cry:

if the clip on the back is broken which does not happen easily i can see why sandisk denied warranty since their warranty does not cover physical damage. that being said you still have some options here. the extended warranty many time absolutely does cover physical or accidental damage. I would suggest reading through your extended warranty agreement and if it says physical or accidental damage is covered I would go back to the store and demand replacement.  

Honestly, if you’ve broken 4 players in such a short period of time, I have trouble believing Sandisk is the problem.  Perhaps instead of chosing or rejecting a player by brand, you should ignore brands and buy the most rugged one you can find.  Or buy one that has a “ruggedized” case available.

@jtown wrote:
Honestly, if you’ve broken 4 players in such a short period of time, I have trouble believing Sandisk is the problem.  Perhaps instead of chosing or rejecting a player by brand, you should ignore brands and buy the most rugged one you can find.  Or buy one that has a “ruggedized” case available.

I recommend this

mine still works great :smiley: 

Stone wrote:

The first time, I had gotten the Express… went through three in less then a year, each time Sandisk was harder to work with to get a replacement.  Now…with great doubt on service and product, I am now trying to get service again.  I have a Clip+… radio, size, and the clip on the back were the biggest selling points for me.  I even purchased extra protection from the store I bought it from.  Here it is… six months later, the clip is broken, Sandisk won’t replace it and the extra protection… at this time… says it is a Sandisk problem!!!  I will go with Creative Labs next time!!!  My husband’s is older then this 6 month cheap plastic and still works, after a few years!!!

So, I think you go back to the “extra protection” people and tell them that SanDisk won’t provide the coverage–presumably, the extra protection people then will.

I assume you broke the clip from abuse of some type.  I haven’t read the SanDisk warranty in a long time, but I assume that it doesn’t cover user abuse; however, a manufacturing defect, yes.

Stone wrote:

So, I think you go back to the “extra protection” people and tell them that SanDisk won’t provide coverage–presumably, the extra protection people then will, if your extra protection policy covers whatever happened to your clip (for example, if you broke the clip from abuse but the extra protection policy doesn’t cover user abuse, you won’t get coverage).

I assume you broke the clip from abuse of some type.  I haven’t read the SanDisk warranty in a long time, but I’m guessing it doesn’t cover user abuse; however, a manufacturing defect, yes.

@stone wrote:

“Extra protection” warranty for a $60 item? Wow… A new bar has been set for ■■■■■■ policies…

In a shameless ribbing for my pleasure, I’d suggest that with your luck you should be doubling up on “extra protection” elsewhere too…

Robisan wrote:

… A new bar has been set for ■■■■■■ policies…

You know, I might have thought that, too, except that the extended protection policies have come in handy for some people, as reported here.  Me, only my unwarranted products break down …