Broken Screen of Clip+, Is there Still Hope?

hi guys,

i always put my sansa clip+ inside my pocket but a few hours ago, something terrible happened. the OLED screen, for some uknown reason, got broken.

is there anything that i can do to replace the screen? i know there’s a very slim chance but still, i’m hoping that some cheap method is worth the try.

thanks in advance!

I guess you could buy a refurb player, take it apart, and then put its screen in your player.  But candidly, I’d just keep and use the replacement player as is …

A danger of putting it in a pocket, where it could get bent.

If the player shows no signs of physical damage, return it on warranty. You don’t have to tell them you broke the screen. Just tell them it quit working.

let me clarify that i’m talking about the screen itself of my clip+. this is the one underneath the plastic screen cover which the users can touch.

most probably, the plastic screen got broken first. then the OLED screen under it got affected. argh.

do you have any suggestions of how i can repair/replace this. of course, i’m setting aside the option of buying a new one. thanks in advance!

Miikerman's already given you your answer. There is no repair service on these devices, unless you are adventurous to attempt it yourself. But the likelihood of finding a DOA player from which to salvage a screen from in the first place is going to be a challenge since this model has only been out a few months.

Replacement options are limited to A.) getting it exchanged under SanDisk’s warranty, or B.) buying another one.

Miikerman and 14124all have already given you your answer. There is no repair service on these devices, unless you are adventurous & skilled enough to attempt it yourself. But the likelihood of finding a DOA player from which to salvage a screen from in the first place is going to be a challenge since this model has only been out a few months.

Replacement options are limited to A.) getting it exchanged under SanDisk’s warranty, or B.) buying another one.

And since you don’t want to consider Option B, that narrows the the possibilities considerably.

Miikerman and 14124all have already given you your answer. There is no repair service on these devices, unless you are adventurous & skilled enough to attempt it yourself. But the likelihood of finding a DOA player from which to salvage a screen from in the first place is going to be a challenge since this model has only been out a few months.

And since you don’t want to consider Option B, that narrows the possibilities considerably.

the crack is really visible and i’m really having second thoughts of just giving it back to sandisk. do you think the warranty option would still work?

thanks a lot guys :slight_smile:

if there is a phisical crack on the screen warranty will likely be denied. 

the_researcher wrote:

the crack is really visible and i’m really having second thoughts of just giving it back to sandisk. do you think the warranty option would still work?

thanks a lot guys :slight_smile:

Well, you could call SanDisk and ask for a warranty replacement, and then see …

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us. 

Does anyone know where to get a replacement screen for an 8GB clip?

I found 1 on eBay, but it’s for the wrong model.

Sandisk will NOT sell me the part and it’s actually an easy fix if you’re halfway skilled.

Bamm

@bammbamm wrote:

Does anyone know where to get a replacement screen for an 8GB clip?

I found 1 on eBay , but it’s for the wrong model.

Sandisk will NOT sell me the part and it’s actually an easy fix if you’re halfway skilled.

EBay would be your best option.

Or possibly, keep your eye open for a refurb. special.