Bought New Sansa Clip = Flashing Blue Ring of Death?

I just got a new Sansa clip 8GB off of Amazon. When I hit the power button, the navigation wheel just flashes blue at regular intervals. I connected it to the PC via USB for the last two hours and nothing still happens.

Do I need to keep charging or is this a bricked player?

@astrallite wrote:

I just got a new Sansa clip 8GB off of Amazon. When I hit the power button, the navigation wheel just flashes blue at regular intervals. I connected it to the PC via USB for the last two hours and nothing still happens.

Do I need to keep charging or is this a bricked player?

You should return it right away. The Clip has been discontinued for a while, so that battery is probably deteriorated above and beyond what it is doing with the blue ring. Get a Clip+ instead.:wink:

I agree with Marvin. The Clip+ is a much better player than the original. You’ve got a much sturdier clip that isn’t breaking every time you turn around. You’ve got Folder Navigation (if that’s important to you), FLAC & OGG support out of the box AND it has a memry card slot giving you the potential of 40GB of music (8 internal + 32 card).

Plus, for now at least it is still supported by SanDisk. Should you have a problem you can call them up and speak directly to Tech Support to get the issue resolved. If it’s defective, they replace it. And they’ll take care of all this while you’re on the phone with them.

With the original Clip, or any other discontinued (termed “legacy”) player or product, there is no live or phone support. You have to e-mail them and wait for what can seem like an eternity for a response. With all the back & forth, it could literally take weeks to get a problem resolved or unit replaced under warranty.

Yep, the Clip+ is the way to go! :smiley: