Bookmarking Non-Audible Books

I downloaded a book from Net.Library and the book played fine (although listed under music and not audiobooks). How do I bookmark my place?  I tried pressing “pause” and then shutting off the system, but it went back to the beginning?  Tks!

Leslie

Its a known bug.  please update your firmware to the latest.

How do I update to the latest version & does this new version (a) bookmark, and (b) not rewind back to the beginning when you press pause?  Tks for your help!

Leslie

The new firmware fixes the problems,  see the thread on updating the firmware.

You can use a drag and drop binary or you can use Sansa Updater to get the latest firmware on the player.  its quite painless.

Yes, but it really isn’t able to bookmark, is it? Or am I missing something?  You can pause the book and then resume, most times. 

I was in the middle of a net library book and uploaded another net library book to the clip. It lost my place in the first book. Fortunately, I knew about where I was on the counter and could fast forward to near that place.

I’ve only had my clip for about a week, so maybe  I am mistaken.

The ability to rewind without going back to the beginning would be helpful too.

The latest firmware allows you to FF and rewind Netlibrary content.  The device can resume where it left off after power off.

If you add more content to the device the resume point will be lost.  If you just charge the device it will remember the resume position.

There is no bookmark beyond that however.

Ok, I see that you can rewind incrementally by holding down the rewind button.

this works great now with the firmware fix.  This is by far by favorite mp3 player for audiobooks.

I’m new to my mp3 player & got it mostly for the radio.  But having audiobooks sounds great.  Where can I find them to download on the internet?  Don’t mind paying for them.

Thanks.

www.audible.com and www.audiobookstanddl.com for puchase

Lots of libraries now offer digital content via Overdrive or Netlibrary systems for free. 

Bookmarks are an important feature.  It should not be hard to add the feature to the program.

I do not know how many audiobooks I can put on my 4GB Sansa Clip but it has to be several times the number I can put on my Rio Forge with 0.5GB.  I was looking forward to using the Sansa Clip but without the bookmark feature, it seems that it will only be useful if I put one audiobook on it and hope I don’t lose my place.

Do I need to expand anymore about how useful bookmarks are?

The Clip has an an auto resume feature for files in the audiobook or podcast folders. When choosing a file in those folders on the player, if the files was previously started the player will ask if you want to resume or start from the beginning. The flaw with this is that you must remember what file you were playing if you for example played part of a book, some music files, then want to go back to the book. Imo Sandisk needs to add  functions on the menu that appears when the 6 oclock button is pressed. There should be a resume audiobook, resume podcast, and resume music item to choose from. These functions would take you back to the file and place you were last at when playing that category of file. It would then be easy to play part of a book, a few music files, more of the book, back to the music, part of a podcast, etc. without remembering which files you were in the middle of, and how to navigate there. It seems very intuitive to me, however the Sandisk programmers didn’t think about adding this functionality.

Moving access to the audiobook and podcast sections from the music menu to the main menu would save many keystrokes. It is annoying to have to scroll through the music menu to get to these.

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-01-2009 12:04 PM

@jk98 wrote:

The Clip has an an auto resume feature for files in the audiobook or podcast folders. When choosing a file in those folders on the player, if the files was previously started the player will ask if you want to resume or start from the beginning. The flaw with this is that you must remember what file you were playing if you for example played part of a book, some music files, then want to go back to the book. Imo Sandisk needs to add  functions on the menu that appears when the 6 oclock button is pressed. There should be a resume audiobook, resume podcast, and resume music item to choose from. These functions would take you back to the file and place you were last at when playing that category of file. It would then be easy to play part of a book, a few music files, more of the book, back to the music, part of a podcast, etc. without remembering which files you were in the middle of, and how to navigate there. It seems very intuitive to me, however the Sandisk programmers didn’t think about adding this functionality.

Moving access to the audiobook and podcast sections from the music menu to the main menu would save many keystrokes. It is annoying to have to scroll through the music menu to get to these.

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-01-2009 12:04 PM

I agree.