Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Big card + refreshing = Pain

Marvin_Martian wrote:

8 minutes? Smiley Surprised

Mine only takes about 5 minutes,  and that is with 3,600+ songs on it and 200MB reserved for podcasts. Longest so far was 5  minutesand 15 seconds, when I had exactly 3,700 songs on it.Smiley Wink

You're right Marvin . . . 8 minutes is for a full refresh with my e280 and a full 16GB card. The Fuze and Clip+ are faster at refreshing. I've only got FLACs on my Clip+ at the moment and haven't filled up the new 16GB card I got for it yet, so only have about 700 tracks at the moment.

Which only proves it's even less of an inconvenience than others are making it out to be. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Tapeworm wrote: 

[...] Just find something else to do for those 8 minutes [...]

I've started this topic during the refresh — instead of using my Clip. Sometimes I speak in tongues. Sometimes I think about why I should wait for a feature I do not even use. Once, after I swapped cards on a train, I've tried to communicate with a human, expressing my views on the weather. Mainly I sit and think about the imperfections of life, snails and recursively enumerable set paradox. So I can find what to do during the refresh, you see. The thing that annoys me is that I have to do it instead of listening.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

notgod wrote:

Tapeworm wrote: 

[...] Just find something else to do for those 8 minutes [...]

I've started this topic during the refresh — instead of using my Clip. Sometimes I speak in tongues. Sometimes I think about why I should wait for a feature I do not even use. Once, after I swapped cards on a train, I've tried to communicate with a human, expressing my views on the weather. Mainly I sit and think about the imperfections of life, snails and recursively enumerable set paradox. So I can find what to do during the refresh, you see. The thing that annoys me is that I have to do it instead of listening.

Very nice! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, there are things that I have to do that annoys me too, but that's life. Choose your battles wisely, and don't sweat the small stuff. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

or just avoid the refresh by using rockbox
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

@summerlove wrote:

On the Clip+ you still need the Sansa firmware to transfer files. And after you do that, you get the refresh.

The wait is annoying and shouldn't last that long, but too bad there's nothing you can do about it.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

@7o9 wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

On the Clip+ you still need the Sansa firmware to transfer files. And after you do that, you get the refresh.

The wait is annoying and shouldn't last that long, but too bad there's nothing you can do about it.

That's not true, you just reset it once the refresh restarts and boot RB.