Battery won't charge over 80% ?

Hi

I purchased a Sandisk Sansa Clip+ FM  4GB a couple of weeks ago, the first time I charged it, it was 100% full (Saying so at settings- info), so I unplugged it, for some reason the next day the battery was empty (maybe I left it on overnight by accident) and I had to recharge it again. When I charge it it only charged up to about 80%.

Even leaving it plugged in for 12+ hours leaves it at 80%.

I tried charging it with a 1Amp micro usb charger from Creative (from an earlier mp3 player) and with a normal wall plug to USB, nothing gets it to 100%.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

It seems like the battery meter needs to be reset. Let the player play until it turns off from a lack of power, then give it a deep charge. That should reset the battery meter. 

Sorry for the late reply, couldn’t bother to let it drain when not listening.

I plugged it in around 14.30h today, around 21.15 it showed 91% when it was plugged in (the light on my wall charger went green) took it out of the plug, the charge number went down to 83% when I took it out of the wall, plugged in again now to see where that takes me…

Sorry for the late reply, couldn’t bother to let it drain when not listening.

I plugged it in around 14:30h today, around 21.15 it showed 91% when it was plugged in (the light on my wall charger went green) took it out of the plug, the charge number went down to 83% when I took it out of the wall, plugged in again now to see where that takes me…

Hours later (00:00) still the same… 91% and when unplugged it changes to 83%.

Guess I’ll just return it?

You might try using it a bit–the battery gauge in these little buggers can be, well, “off.”