Battery management - misreading the power remaining indicator

Hello. I’m new to these boards and new to my Sansa Clip+ 8GB.

I’m very pleased with my new toy so far, but I seem to be struggling a little with battery management.

Twice now the battery has died completely on me. I’m getting a fair amount of use out of it, I think, judging from what others have said (roughly 8-9 hours playing mostly FLAC files).

I don’t seem to be reading the battery remaining indicator correctly. It seems to take most of that 8 or 9 hours to reach just below the halfway mark, and then the player gives out very quickly after that without warning.

I know I could just re-charge at, say, 50% every time - but it seems odd that the calibration of the indicator doesn’t appear to reflect reality in a more proportionate way.

Is this just the way things are, or do I have a problem with the player that needs addressing?

All tips or comments from veteran users welcomed! 

As you seen, the battery charge level icon is not that accurate, nor exactly “linear”. Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. You can always go into Settings > System Settings > Info and see that actual percentage of battery charge left, but that may not be exactly accurate either.

As you’ve seen, the battery charge level icon is not that accurate, nor exactly “linear”. Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. You can always go into Settings > System Settings > Info and see that actual percentage of battery charge left, but that may not be exactly accurate either.

Thanks for the reply.

It’s reassuring to know that this is just the way things are.

As long as it’s not just my player, I can live with it. 

I just need to remember to top up earlier!

I won’t be grumbling at the price I paid for this great little player…

My on-going recommendation–just charge each night when you sleep (there is no battery “penalty” for partial charges).  

Good to know, thanks.

I’m getting into the habit of charging it each day now.