Battery charged - MP3s uploaded - power on - headphones in-nothin' happening

This little player is making me nutz. Got it last week (Clip+, 2 gig). Charged the battery (3 hours plus) from a USB port. (Battery icon goes halfway full and stays like that; part of it remains black). Press power button. Green headphone icon lights up, green text  “Music” appears. Press menu button. Nothing. Try again. Nothing. Decide to put it away for a few days. Press the power button again (to turn it off) and nothing appears to change. Try again. It still looks “on”. Press again. Same thing. Finally figure out that the headphones never go away, just get brighter and dimmer. Still can’t get menu. Turn it off, put it away. Few days later (today), plug it into the port again. Laptop detects the player, shows me the supplied content and I drag/drop five songs into the “Music” folder. No problem Unplug from the computer, plug in the headphones, press the power button, press the menu button, and we’re back. Same screen display as before. No menu. No sound through the headphones. Plus, now when I turn the power on/off, I get some weird action on the screen, like a backlight sort of flies across the display from right to left before it comes on. Sorry this is so long. Just want to be thorough. Can anyone think what I could be doing wrong?

Have you removed the sticker? :wink:

When you see the headphones icon and the word Music, can you click on the right button (the one located at 3 o’clock) on the face of the player, to enter the Music menu, and then the up and down buttons to scroll up and down between the caregories, and then the right button, again, to enter the categories, etc.?

:wink:

When you see the headphones icon and the word Music, can you click on the right button (the one located at 3 o’clock) on the face of the player, to enter the Music menu, and then the up and down buttons to scroll up and down between the categories, and then the right button, again, to enter the categories, etc.?

I really hope that I am wrong about the sticker :smileyvery-happy:

@jamieson wrote:

I really hope that I am wrong about the sticker :smileyvery-happy:

That was the 1st thing I thought about too. :stuck_out_tongue:

@jamieson wrote:

Have you removed the sticker? :wink:

That was the 1st thing i thought about too.

Great minds do really think alike, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

When my brother got his Clip+ he asked me to fix it as its just frozen on the headphones logo out of the box. It took me about an hour to figure out that its just a sticker… :smileyvery-happy:

I picked up a Clip+ for a woman I work with.  The next day she was bringing it back because it wasn’t working.

On her way into work she realized it had a sticker covering the screen.

It’s more than a sticker, it protects the screen from scratches until the user peels it off.