Audio books filed in "Unknown" folder

I think I have finally understood what is going on with tags on books placed in the Audiobook folder on the Clip+.  Please let me know if I say anything wrong.  I am also interested in knowing whether or not what I am saying also holds for other Sansa MP3 models.

When you place an item in the Audiobooks folder (using Overdrive or Windows Explorer) the Genre tag becomes irrelevant.  I have books in there with the Genre tag history, for example.  No matter in what way you have the Audiobooks folder divided into subfolders and files, the Clip+ pays attention only to the various tags associated to the different tracks.

When you go Audiobooks on your Clip+, you first see an alphabetical list of all Album tags for your tracks.  It is important that distinct books that you wisn to play in a particular sequence of tracks have their tracks with the same Album tag.  For example, I once had both 1 Kings and 2 Kings from an audio bible with the same album tag, Word of Promise (Name of the particlar audio bible) and it started to play the first track of 1 Kings followed by the first track of 2 Kings followed by the second track of 1 Kings, etc.  I fixed the problem by changing the Album tags to respectively 1 Kings and 2 Kings.

When you select a particular Album, the Clip+ display shows a list of the different Title tags associated with the selected Album tag.  It has been my experience that the Clip+ doesn’t do anything but display them and the order it plays the tracks is determined by the Track tag.   However, to start at track 1, (or 01 or 001 or 0001) it should be clear what Title tag is associated with track 1.  When you select a particular title tag and start to listen, the display shows from top to bottom: Track tag in the form 02/17 or 76/104 where 17 and 104 are the respective number of tracks in the albums; Artist tag; Title tag (again).   

So my bottom line is: to identify you book on the Clip+ and play it in the correct sequence of tracks, use MP3Tag to give it its own Album tag and make sure the tracks are displayed in order before (if necessary) adding track tags  with the correct number of leading zeroes.