Audio book licensing

I have problems every once in a while with the audiobooks not playing and saying they require a license.  This is frustrating because they are playing fine on my computer,  just not on the clip.  The most recent one i downloaded from the liibrary for the first time today and it won’t let me play it.  Any suggestions?

Set the payer from USB mode to MTP. That will do the trick. 

Maybe, maybe not.

Switching to MTP mode (Settings/System Setting/USB Mode) is a good first step.

You can’t just copy the books over to your player–the computer also has to send over the hidden unlock codes. So you have to use the library’s console–Overdrive? NetLibrary?–to send them over. That works best via MTP.

No good on the MTP.  I keep getting an error message 

An error occurred while attempting to transfer: 

Error details: Unable to insert the selected title. 

Error 0xC00D2772:  A problem has occurred in obtaining the device’s

Certificate.  Contact Microsoft product support.

Also forgot to say this happened all of the sudden.  It has worked just fine in the past.

It would really help if you would explain more clearly what you are doing.

Are you using a certain kind of audiobook–Overdrive, NetLibrary, Audible, etc. 

Try uninstalling Overdrive (or whatever) and reinstalling it. You probably have to re-authorize the Sansa after you do that. 

But since you haven’t made clear which audiobook software you are using, this is guesswork. 

You might also see if there is customer support for the audiobook software. 

You could also try (under Settings/System Settings) to Reset to Factory Settings, which just goes back to defaults. And more something more extreme you could try Settings/System Settings/Format, which will wipe off everything you have put on the unit–including, maybe, any code that got a glitch in it. 

I am currently using Overdrive.  The clip transfers mp3 files just fine.  But will not transfer WMA books through overdrive.  I have reinstalled Overdirve (did this first) Then updated firmware.  Then deleted and reinstalled the firmware.  Then reformatted the player.  then reformatted through WMP.  Also reformatted with with MTP and also MSC USB mode.  When I switch to MSC it will let me transfer the book to the player but then the player states it needs a licence.    I am pretty sure I have a corrupt DMR file but can’t find it to delete it from the player.  Oh yes and I reset the player to factory settings about 4 times.  

Just so we are understanding I have another clip that transfers just fine with the same overdrive accounts on my computer.  This is what makes me assume it is the player and not the computer. 

mp3 files don’t have DRM. The .wma files do. And DRM material somehow has to sync up with the clock in the unit. Obviously it’s doing that on the one that works. 

Are you sure there is not some Authorize function in Overdrive that you need to initialize? 

A very old post with your same error message on a different unit also suggested this, who knows?  You may have to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows–look that up in Help to find the setting, which every version of Windows hides differently.

You have some corrupt DRM licenses which Overdrive cannot update.

You might be able to fix the problem by connecting your player in MSC mode and deleting the “STORE.HDS” file. The file is located in the “WMDRMPD” subfolder in the "SYSTEM folder. Switch back to MTP mode and sync the files through WMP again.

@sdkumpf wrote:

Just so we are understanding I have another clip that transfers just fine with the same overdrive accounts on my computer.  This is what makes me assume it is the player and not the computer. 

This may be a clue here. Not using Rhapsody, I’m only guessing here, but can (and do) you have more than one device authorized per subscription?