Attach Clip directly to headphones...?

^^ Cool!  That’s kinda what I was envisioning, maybe with a cable-wrap or something to keep everything integrated into the headphones.  I’ve seen 'phones with integrated mp3 players, but none in which both the 'phones AND the player didn’t ■■■■.  Still, I think it would be nice to have such a setup, and the Clip is one of the best micro-players around.  Adding an E5 to that setup would make it that much cooler, and likely something I’d do down the road.

I’ve been looking around on head-fi.org and a few other sites, trying to find a good pair of circumaural (over the ear) headphones for under $50, but most everyone there who knows anything is the type of audiophile who thinks it hilarious that anyone should spend less than $150 on a decent pair of headphones.  Not to mention that I’m a useless n00b if I won’t search through pages of threads just to find someone who had somewhat similar needs as mine, and received the same response.  I like what I’ve read about those Panasonics, my only complaint is how fragile they look.  I’m looking for more street/DJ styled headphones, either open or closed circumaural configurations, that sound and fit great, and are under $50, that I can use in this project.