Anyone test the 32gb microsd?

I’m curious about how long it takes to load music (refresh database).

I found a topram class 4 32gb microsd for $120 and a sandisk class 2, I’m planning on buying soon.

Xexex wrote:
I’m curious about how long it takes to load music (refresh database).

I found a topram class 4 32gb microsd for $120 and a sandisk class 2, I’m planning on buying soon.

Why would you, when you could get four 16GB cards for that amount of money? :wink:

Having a 60GB hard drive player, it’s nice having all the memory in one location.  Although that price ($120) is dear.

This brings to mind, though, why flash super-high capacity players aren’t coming out.  String 8 16GB cards together, and you have a nifty 128GB player, for the memory retail cost of $240. 

Miikerman wrote: 

This brings to mind, though, why flash super-high capacity players aren’t coming out.  String 8 16GB cards together, and you have a nifty 128GB player, for the memory retail cost of $240. 

Or at least put the cheap 16gb chip onboard the Clip+ for less than $10 more then retail price of the 8gb Clip+ (2gb Clip+ for $33 plus a 16gb microsd for $29 – both retail prices). There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to have a 32gb Clip+ (16gb+16gb) for around $100. Quite simply, with the 2gb version at about $33, with memory prices as they are it’s a Sansa ripoff to sell the 8gb version for $55+. Evidently, there’s a huge ■■■■■■-driven demand however, because the 8gb Clip+ has actually risen in price over the past couple of months… </rant>

I finally gave up waiting for a 16gb Clip+ and got a 2gb unit just for the form factor. I refused to pay an additional ~$25 for a measly 6gb more onboard – I can spend that on a 16gb microsd and have 18gb total.

…Adding, the irony is that if Sansa had actually come out with a 16gb Clip+ priced at around $80-$90, I’d have bit and they would’ve extracted an extra $50 from me, most of that pure profit – indeed, more in added pure profit than they got from me in total for the 2gb unit. Instead, all they got was the equivalent of a large pizza and pitcher of beer. They’re marketing geniuses I tell ya…

(Sorry for the thread diversion.)

Robisan wrote:

Miikerman wrote: 

Or at least put the cheap 16gb chip onboard the Clip+ for less than $10 more then retail price of the 8gb Clip+ (2gb Clip+ for $33 plus a 16gb microsd for $29 – both retail prices). There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to have a 32gb Clip+ (16gb+16gb) for around $100. Quite simply, with the 2gb version at about $33, with memory prices as they are it’s a Sansa ripoff to sell the 8gb version for $55+. Evidently, there’s a huge ■■■■■■-driven demand however, because the 8gb Clip+ has actually risen in price over the past couple of months… </rant>

I finally gave up waiting for a 16gb Clip+ and got a 2gb unit just for the form factor. I refused to pay an additional ~$25 for a measly 6gb more onboard – I can spend that on a 16gb microsd and have 18gb total.

…Adding, the irony is that if Sansa had actually come out with a 16gb Clip+ priced at around $80-$90, I’d have bit and they would’ve extracted an extra $50 from me, most of that pure profit – indeed, more in added pure profit than they got from me in total for the 2gb unit. Instead, all they got was the equivalent of a large pizza and pitcher of beer. They’re marketing geniuses I tell ya…

(Sorry for the thread diversion.)

That’s a good point…I never thought of that. Makes me glad that the one 8GB model I have was free, and the other 8GB model that’s coming in the mail for me was free, too.:stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

That’s a good point…I never thought of that. Makes me glad that the one 8GB model I have was free, and the other 8GB model that’s coming in the mail for me was free, too.:stuck_out_tongue:

How can I get in of your free gravytrain? Or is free the new Sansa profit maximization plan…?

Robisan wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

How can I get in of your free gravytrain? Or is free the new Sansa profit maximization plan…?

I had one friend that was sick of the databse refresh time, beofre rockbox was being worked on, and another that wasn’t happy with the battery life. And I guess I’m just a nice guy!:smileyvery-happy:

I have the sandisk class 2 32gb card but can’t comment on refresh times as I’m using rockbox. I’m not one for swapping cards, and to me it was worth the money.

summerlove wrote:
I have the sandisk class 2 32gb card but can’t comment on refresh times as I’m using rockbox. I’m not one for swapping cards, and to me it was worth the money.

I have no refresh database issue anymore with my V1 Fuze :smileyvery-happy: , but it still ■■■■■ with the Clip+ :cry:.Of course, I only have 16GB cards…I shudder to imagine what the refresh would be with a 32GB.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

I have no refresh database issue anymore with my V1 Fuze :smileyvery-happy: , but it still ■■■■■ with the Clip+ :cry:.Of course, I only have 16GB cards…I shudder to imagine what the refresh would be with a 32GB.

I thought you were switching to rockbox on the clip+ ?  Or on one of them, at least.

I am the only person that soft resets to avoid the db refresh after using the OF for USB?  Because I’m starting to feel like I might be, from the last few posts that I read about it (admittedly I don’t read that many posts atm).

summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

I thought you were switching to rockbox on the clip+ ?  Or on one of them, at least.

I am the only person that soft resets to avoid the db refresh after using the OF for USB?  Because I’m starting to feel like I might be, from the last few posts that I read about it (admittedly I don’t read that many posts atm).

Are you saying that when I unplug the rockboxed Clip+ from the computer, and the refresh starts, that I can turn it off then with the reset method? I didn’t know about that trick!

Edit: Aha! It works! I could just about kiss you right now!:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 07-24-2010 03:05 PM

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

Are you saying that when I unplug the rockboxed Clip+ from the computer, and the refresh starts, that I can turn it off then with the reset method? I didn’t know about that trick!

YES!! It’s great. Since you can plug in into USB while it’s off (avoiding a refresh when you boot the OS) and reset after you disconnect, you never have to sit through the db refresh.  

summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

YES!! It’s great. Since you can plug in into USB while it’s off (avoiding a refresh when you boot the OS) and reset after you disconnect, you never have to sit through the db refresh.  

You are a genius…see my prior post!:smileyvery-happy:

hahahahaaaa you are very welcome!! 

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Edit: Aha! It works! I could just about kiss you right now!:smileyvery-happy:

Whoa! Get a room! :dizzy_face:

I think Marvin & SL need some ‘alone’ time.

Smiley

If I rockboxed mine I can skip the db load.

I’d like to get a 32 gb though, I don’t like switching microsds. I have four 2gb, two 8gb and one 16gb, I’d have too many cards to carry around.