Highlighted
SanDisk User

Anyone test the 32gb microsd?

I'm curious about how long it takes to load music (refresh database).

I found a topram class 4 32gb microsd for $120 and a sandisk class 2, I'm planning on buying soon.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Anyone test the 32gb microsd?

Xexex wrote:
I'm curious about how long it takes to load music (refresh database).

I found a topram class 4 32gb microsd for $120 and a sandisk class 2, I'm planning on buying soon.

Why would you, when you could get four 16GB cards for that amount of money? Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Having a 60GB hard drive player, it's nice having all the memory in one location.  Although that price ($120) is dear.

This brings to mind, though, why flash super-high capacity players aren't coming out.  String 8 16GB cards together, and you have a nifty 128GB player, for the memory retail cost of $240. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Miikerman wrote: 

This brings to mind, though, why flash super-high capacity players aren't coming out.  String 8 16GB cards together, and you have a nifty 128GB player, for the memory retail cost of $240. 

Or at least put the cheap 16gb chip onboard the Clip+ for less than $10 more then retail price of the 8gb Clip+ (2gb Clip+ for $33 plus a 16gb microsd for $29 -- both retail prices). There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a 32gb Clip+ (16gb+16gb) for around $100. Quite simply, with the 2gb version at about $33, with memory prices as they are it's a Sansa ripoff to sell the 8gb version for $55+. Evidently, there's a huge sucker-driven demand however, because the 8gb Clip+ has actually risen in price over the past couple of months... </rant>

I finally gave up waiting for a 16gb Clip+ and got a 2gb unit just for the form factor. I refused to pay an additional ~$25 for a measly 6gb more onboard -- I can spend that on a 16gb microsd and have 18gb total.

...Adding, the irony is that if Sansa had actually come out with a 16gb Clip+ priced at around $80-$90, I'd have bit and they would've extracted an extra $50 from me, most of that pure profit -- indeed, more in added pure profit than they got from me in total for the 2gb unit. Instead, all they got was the equivalent of a large pizza and pitcher of beer. They're marketing geniuses I tell ya...

(Sorry for the thread diversion.)

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Robisan wrote:

Miikerman wrote: 

Or at least put the cheap 16gb chip onboard the Clip+ for less than $10 more then retail price of the 8gb Clip+ (2gb Clip+ for $33 plus a 16gb microsd for $29 -- both retail prices). There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a 32gb Clip+ (16gb+16gb) for around $100. Quite simply, with the 2gb version at about $33, with memory prices as they are it's a Sansa ripoff to sell the 8gb version for $55+. Evidently, there's a huge sucker-driven demand however, because the 8gb Clip+ has actually risen in price over the past couple of months... </rant>

I finally gave up waiting for a 16gb Clip+ and got a 2gb unit just for the form factor. I refused to pay an additional ~$25 for a measly 6gb more onboard -- I can spend that on a 16gb microsd and have 18gb total.

...Adding, the irony is that if Sansa had actually come out with a 16gb Clip+ priced at around $80-$90, I'd have bit and they would've extracted an extra $50 from me, most of that pure profit -- indeed, more in added pure profit than they got from me in total for the 2gb unit. Instead, all they got was the equivalent of a large pizza and pitcher of beer. They're marketing geniuses I tell ya...

(Sorry for the thread diversion.)

That's a good point....I never thought of that. Makes me glad that the one 8GB model I have was free, and the other 8GB model that's coming in the mail for me was free, too.Smiley Tongue

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

That's a good point....I never thought of that. Makes me glad that the one 8GB model I have was free, and the other 8GB model that's coming in the mail for me was free, too.Smiley Tongue

How can I get in of your free gravytrain? Or is free the new Sansa profit maximization plan...?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Robisan wrote:

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

How can I get in of your free gravytrain? Or is free the new Sansa profit maximization plan...?

I had one friend that was sick of the databse refresh time, beofre rockbox was being worked on, and another that wasn't happy with the battery life. And I guess I'm just a nice guy!Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

I have the sandisk class 2 32gb card but can't comment on refresh times as I'm using rockbox. I'm not one for swapping cards, and to me it was worth the money.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

summerlove wrote:
I have the sandisk class 2 32gb card but can't comment on refresh times as I'm using rockbox. I'm not one for swapping cards, and to me it was worth the money.

I have no refresh database issue anymore with my V1 Fuze Smiley Very Happy , but it still sucks with the Clip+ Smiley Sad.Of course, I only have 16GB cards....I shudder to imagine what the refresh would be with a 32GB.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

I have no refresh database issue anymore with my V1 Fuze Smiley Very Happy , but it still sucks with the Clip+ Smiley Sad.Of course, I only have 16GB cards....I shudder to imagine what the refresh would be with a 32GB.

I thought you were switching to rockbox on the clip+ ?  Or on one of them, at least.

I am the only person that soft resets to avoid the db refresh after using the OF for USB?  Because I'm starting to feel like I might be, from the last few posts that I read about it (admittedly I don't read that many posts atm).