SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Anyone have a spare Clip+ battery?

The battery you got is a Clip battery. It is exactly as you describe, 330mAh, with terminals on the side. Good to know that the Clip battery will work in the Clip+. Good Work!!!
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built

So far, so good.  The battery stopped charging when it topped off.  Next test will be to see if it shuts down on the low end before the voltage drops too far.  That'll take a while at the rate I use it.

As for picking up where it left off, it did the same thing with the fried battery but I couldn't shut it down properly so it never saved the new stopping point.  It was like groundhog day.  Same spot every time.  I'm amazed it works at all.  It's not like I just dropped it in the toilet or something.  This thing got washed.  And then dried.

SanDisk User

Glad it helped.

Now you can do almost everything to it, it is most certainly a zombie.

SanDisk Guru

Very nice to see that the Clip battery (330mAh) fits the Clip+.  That is, assuming that the one you've found is the same device.  I'll have to try one of those units.  It will be nice to have a wee bit more capacity in the new machine, for sure.

So far, I've been using the Clip+ for about four hours in a session, and it gets recharged.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

@neutron_bob wrote:

Very nice to see that the Clip battery (330mAh) fits the Clip+.  That is, assuming that the one you've found is the same device.  I'll have to try one of those units.  It will be nice to have a wee bit more capacity in the new machine, for sure.

So far, I've been using the Clip+ for about four hours in a session, and it gets recharged.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

4 hours? I hope you don't mean it needs to be charged after 4 hours. I've put about 5.5 hours on mine since putting in the new battery and it says 68%. I know I've done 10+ hours on the original battery many times and still had plenty of life left.

As far as battery capacity goes, I don't believe the replacement stores more energy than the original. Either the original was underrated or the replacement is overrated. The energy storage portion of the new battery is actually smaller than the old one since the crimp runs along a long edge rather than a short edge. I suppose it might be a bit thicker but not significantly.

Just to follow up, I got a little over 15 hours from the first charge (all audiobook playback so very little button pressing or display use) and it shut down properly.  Plugged it into a USB port and it started charging just like it should.  So I suggest going with Ebay item 170477518536 which is apparently a Clip battery.  Seems to work perfectly in the Clip+.
SanDisk Guru

jtown, thanks for the post, update and link--people often are asking about a replacement battery.  And that price is great--under $4 with the shipping!   Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

It's nice to see the 330mAh battery available.  As a footnote, no, my Clip+ doesn't go dead after 4 hours, that's just average use in the field for it.  The battery on mine isn't a marathon runner, incidentally.  I'd guess it's good for about 7-8 hours maximum, based upon the charge indicator's progress.

Oh well, luck of the draw, I guess.  I think a 330mAh battery may be destined for this Clip+.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

@neutron_bob wrote:

It's nice to see the 330mAh battery available.  As a footnote, no, my Clip+ doesn't go dead after 4 hours, that's just average use in the field for it.  The battery on mine isn't a marathon runner, incidentally.  I'd guess it's good for about 7-8 hours maximum, based upon the charge indicator's progress.

Oh well, luck of the draw, I guess.  I think a 330mAh battery may be destined for this Clip+.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

The battery meter on the Sansas never was very linear in its progression downward though, was it? Smiley Wink

Last time I tried to test mine with the Sansa firmware, with a mix of high bitrate MP3 and WMA files, it was dead at just over 10 hours. Now, of course, I am routinely breaking the 14-hour mark, with that "other" firmware running things.Smiley Tongue

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520