Anyone have a spare Clip+ battery?

I appreciate the effort but please, please take my word for it. The battery is dead. It’s not pining. It has passed on. It is no more. It has ceased to be. Expired and gone to meet its maker. Yada, yada, yada, ex-battery.

It didn’t just take a dunk. It was washed and dried.

The Clip+ initially did not turn on under its own power but I plugged it into a USB power supply and it fired right up. All functions working perfectly. So I plugged it into a computer and it showed up with 0% charge. Left it plugged in for half an hour, then unplugged it and tried to start it under its own power. Nothing. Plugged it back into the USB charger. It initially looked like it was going to charge but then the charge indicator stopped moving and the icon changed to an empty battery with a line through it. I unplugged it and let it sit in the warm exhaust of a computer for the day. This didn’t change its behavior. Plugging it back into the computer, it now registered a 100% charge, though it was unable to turn on without external power. I then opened the clip+ and let the exposed circuitry and battery (which was fully connected) sit in a warm flow of air for a few more hours. Changed nothing. I tried to initiate a reset but it didn’t work. I don’t know if it’s supposed to work while there’s an external power source connected. It didn’t do anything witout external power, either.

So, after proving to my satisfaction that the battery was dead, I dissected it out of curiosity. Full autopsy. As I said, it’s just a foil wrap crimped and taped shut. Fine for a sealed device and maybe a dunk in the pool but over half an hour of sustained agitation and an hour of drying was probably a bit much. Frankly, I’m shocked that the rest of the device still works.

Back to my original question: Does anyone have a battery left over from an otherwise busted Clip+?