Any stores carrying Sansa Clip+ 8GB model?

I’ve been to a few places I know that carry Sansa Clips, Best Buy for one, but a lot of these places don’t carry the 8GB model either in store or online.  Amazon.com is the only established company I know that has the 8GB model available.  I’d rather buy it in person than order it if it’s possible.  Does anyone know if any stores carry it, and if none of them do, then why would that be? 

strange bestbuy does not have it. i did a quick search and walmart has the 8GB i guess you probably have one in your area.

Good to see it back at WMart, although the price is up around $10 from before …

Look closer at the availability: “Not Sold in Stores”  In fact, none of the Clips are sold in Wal-Mart stores.  Back to square one.  Anyone else know any place?

They’ll ship it to your local store, for you to pick up there.  (And if you don’t want it then, you just could return it at the store.)  Or for under a dollar, get it shipped to your home and if you don’t want it, return it locally. 

Well, either way we’re talking about having it shipped rather than bought in store, and I can get it shippped from amazon for less.  So I guess no one carries it?

I guess I don’t follow why you are distinguishing between it being sold in a store and WalMart shipping it to a store for pickup.  But I’m sure you have your reasons.

Miikerman wrote:
I guess I don’t follow why you are distinguishing between it being sold in a store and WalMart shipping it to a store for pickup.  But I’m sure you have your reasons.

My guess is the desire for instant gratification.:wink:

Might be so it can be seen/touched/felt/examined before making the purchase to make sure that it meets the needs of the user.

EricB

I just found the 8GB model at B&H Photo online for $62.99 with free 3-day shipping.  It was the cheapest price I found online.

*sigh* Well I just got off the phone with SanDisk customer support, and no surprise that they don’t have any answers.  They kept trying to get me to purchase it off the SanDisk website when all I wanted to know is why the 8GB Clip+ wasn’t in stores.  Finally one guy said to go to the “Where To Buy” section, but that only tells you who carries SanDisk products, not which ones they carry.

Isn’t there anyone with some inside info, or maybe just a theory as to why the 8GB Clip+ isn’t out there?

I don’t mean to sound rude, but why don’t you just get the cheapest deal online? Most of which are free shipping within the US.

Since I’m not from the US I had to pay about 78.70 USD for my Clip+, which included international shipping+handling costs. So, consider yourself fortunate.

Furthermore, it’s not that expensive. I’m pretty sure you’ve spent much more on similar electronic devices. Plus, the Clip+ is awesome

Mjp81 wrote:

*sigh* Well I just got off the phone with SanDisk customer support, and no surprise that they don’t have any answers.  They kept trying to get me to purchase it off the SanDisk website when all I wanted to know is why the 8GB Clip+ wasn’t in stores.  Finally one guy said to go to the “Where To Buy” section, but that only tells you who carries SanDisk products, not which ones they carry.

Isn’t there anyone with some inside info, or maybe just a theory as to why the 8GB Clip+ isn’t out there?

Presumably, the stores don’t think it will sell as well as other lesser-GB models; and/or the profit to stores of the 4GB model exceeds that of the 8GB model.

I still don’t follow why this is such an issue for you (perhaps you don’t have access to a credit card?).  You can test the Clip+ out, if that’s your issue, at Best Buy and then order the 8GB (the exact same product, but more memory) online, or buy via Wal-Mart and pick it up at the store (and even return it right there and then, if you don’t like it). 

Does Radio Shack  offer the 8GB as a ship-to-store device?  You can try a demo smaller capacity one, and see if it is to your liking, then order the larger capacity one.  Online, you’ll definitely fine some great deals, and often the shipping is free.

I do see the 8GB available from the Sansa Store at $69.99- a pretty good deal!  I have ordered several devices through the Store, and service is very fast. 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: