After charging, it won't stay on and the computer won't recognize it now when reconnected.

I was charging my Sansa mp3 player via the USB port and I disconnected it after it was charged. I was listening to it immediately after and it shut off on its own. I attempted to turn it on repeatedly and it wouldn’t. I tried reconnecting to the computer and it wouldn’t recognize that anything was connected. I couldn’t get the mp3 player to turn on still. I then checked other forums and somewhere someone had discussed refreshing the playlist. I tried it and it worked to turn it on again. But shortly after it turned off again. I also went into settings and set the auto power to 60minutes. And I am waiting to see what happens next as I am listening continuously to see if it stays on or what? What might be happening?

Unfortunately, it’s malfunctioning (like you didn’t know that, right?) … Hopefully, this is a one-off. Sometimes, it seems that leaving it hooked up to your computer or AC power overnight and charging can help.

I recently noticed that when I get to the same song on one playlist about half way into the song, this is when the whole thing shuts down.  I can’t shuffle past this point either to hear any of the rest of the album…NOTE this was the album which I downloaded right after charging my mp3.  See a correlation?  What can I do if it is the downloaded music that is the issue? 

Thanks

@texas_sunshine wrote:

I recently noticed that when I get to the same song on one playlist about half way into the song, this is when the whole thing shuts down.  I can’t shuffle past this point either to hear any of the rest of the album…NOTE this was the album which I downloaded right after charging my mp3.  See a correlation?  What can I do if it is the downloaded music that is the issue? 

Thanks

Remove it. There’s obviously something about this file that is corrupted. You’ll want to sort it out (whether it be re-download or re-rip) before putting it back on your player.