A Fix For / Rhapsody / iMesh / Napster / Netlibrary / Yahoo Music / DRM Subscription content transfer problems on Sansa Clip

All,

Some early Sansa Clips were shipped with an invalid License Store which will not allow transfer of DRM protected Content.  To fix this problem you should perform a device format.  This will cause the player to generate a usable DRM license store.

First, Back up any content on the device to your computer.

Unplug the device from the computer.

Power on the device and Press the “Home (or menu) key”.  Press down arrow to select Settings >  Format > Yes

The device will perform a Hard Format.

You can now connect your device to transfer Subscription tracks Successfully.

Best Regards,

SansaFix.

Message Edited by sansafix on 01-31-2008 10:22 AM

Message Edited by sansafix on 02-05-2008 03:02 PM

Hi.

I am trying to transfer Napster to Go songs to my Sansa Clip via the Sync control in WMP 11. I have already re-formatted my player according to the instructions in your post and it still does not work. Is the Clip compatible with Napster to Go files?

If not, please provide a firmware update to make it compatible. This is a awesome little device but I can’t use it if I can’t play my Napster to Go files.

Thank you!

The clip supports Napster to go .  Can you transfer any files to it?  I would try using the Napster App ,  authorize the player etc.  Please give more information on any errors you see.

Hi,

I’m late here to join you, but hope my answer can help you.

Actually, you can try to use other ways to transfer songs of Napster to go onto your Sansa Clip. There are possbile intructions of how to use Napster recorder to record Napster songs and then you can transfer to your Sansa.

@courtneydd122 wrote:

Hi,

I’m late here to join you, but hope my answer can help you.

Actually, you can try to use other ways to transfer songs of Napster to go onto your Sansa Clip. There are possbile intructions of how to use Napster recorder to record Napster songs and then you can transfer to your Sansa.

@courtneydd122 wrote:

I’m late here to join you . . .

_ 4 years! _ Ya’ think? :dizzy_face:

But potentially good info. nonetheless!   :slight_smile:

Guess that info is pretty much useless these days, Napster has been acquired by Rhapsody and it’s pretty much going bye-bye.

Thankfully still plenty of [Rhapsody protected music converters](Rhapsody protected music converters) to pick and choose from, like Tunebite or some others I can’t recall right now.

Anyhow, at least it’s good to know that there are still workarounds for this whole protected"why not mess with you and  make it harder for you to enjoy your music"drm protection.

But use of such software to remove DRM is considered illegal and probably shouldn’t be recommended on this forum.

Rules & Guidelines

Unless you want a permanent vacation.

Actually as far as I know, removing DRM protection along with recording online music or videos is not illegal as long as you don’t sell or pass those files to other people. If you only keep them for yourself I don’t see the harm.

Anyway, I’ve been using this softto record both Napster and Rhapsody music and did not have any problem whatsoever. Just saying.