8GB lower sound quality?

Hi all,

A commenter on one of the reviews for the 8GB Clip on Amazon.com ( Amazon.com ) claims that “The sound processor was downgraded on the 8gb model!” 

Can anyone conform or deny this rumor (which I can find mentioned nowhere else)?

I see nothing but good reviews of the 8GBs sound, but how is it compared to the 2GB and 4GB?

I ask because, aside from enquiring minds wanting to know, I am considering getting an 8GB clip and giving my 2G to my dad. But naturally I don’t want to take a hit in sound quality.

Thank you.

@seamus wrote:

Hi all,

A commenter on one of the reviews for the 8GB Clip on Amazon.com ( http://tinyurl.com/lqebmv ) claims that “The sound processor was downgraded on the 8gb model!” 

Can anyone conform or deny this rumor (which I can find mentioned nowhere else)?

I see nothing but good reviews of the 8GBs sound, but how is it compared to the 2GB and 4GB?

I ask because, aside from enquiring minds wanting to know, I am considering getting an 8GB clip and giving my 2G to my dad. But naturally I don’t want to take a hit in sound quality.

Thank you.

That is ludicrous…they both sound equally good.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@seamus wrote:

Hi all,

A commenter on one of the reviews for the 8GB Clip on Amazon.com ( http://tinyurl.com/lqebmv ) claims that “The sound processor was downgraded on the 8gb model!” 

Thank you.

That is ludicrous…they both sound equally good.

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. 

It would be ludicrous indeed for Sandisk to do such a thing. But I thought I would ask anyway, just in case.

Thanks.

PS. And I see by your sig that you have good taste in sound, so your opinion is probably worth a bit. :wink:

Message Edited by Seamus on 08-09-2009 03:10 PM

@seamus wrote:

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. 

It would be ludicrous indeed for Sandisk to do such a thing. But I thought I would ask anyway, just in case.

Thanks.

PS. And I see by your sig that you have good taste in sound, so your opinion is probably worth a bit. :wink:

Thanks!

I had one of the original 2GB Clips, and got my 8GB later on. And I never heard any difference between them when I still had both. I would have kept the other one if there was a difference, for sure.:smiley: 

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 08-09-2009 06:39 PM

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Thanks!

I had one of the original 2GB Clips, and got my 8GB later on. And I never heard any difference between them when I still had both. I would have kept the other one if there was a difference, for sure.:smiley: 

Yeah, I really couldn’t imagine Sandisk essentially saying “Ok, we’ll double the capacity, but it’ll cost you the sound quality!”

My 8GB is ordered and on its way. I thought about waiting to see if that Clip w/SD slot rumor were true, but who knows if and when that will happen…

If it happens tomorrow I’m going to be mad.  :smiley: