6,933 something song limit?

My folders/directories are as simple as simple can be I think.  Here is how mine is set up.

Music\Artist\Album*.mp3 song

The Music Folder is put on the player by default.  The artist folder is usually created by Windows Media Player.  The folder under that one is also created by the Windows Media Player.  I just copy the Artist and the sub folder Album over to the Music folder on the player.  Am I correct in saying that is only 3 deep?   Perhaps 4 deep if you include the actual Mp3 files.

I got an awful lot of music to process.  I already have all my mp3s backed up to two external hard drives.  *One external hard drive is a back up for the other.  I also have all the music backed up to three 8.5 gig dvds and one 4.7 gig dvd labeled that only 706 meg is used up.  I made them just incase both of my hard drives either goes down or gets messed up.  The problem is I can’t go back and change the tags on the DVDs.  I think I probably got to either go back over what is on the external hard drives or cut and past the music from the player into a back up folder and change the tags and copy it all back.  This is will be hours of work as well as an hour or so for the player to refresh.  I’m not sure why SanDisk didn’t repair it’s firmware for a simple mistake like this.  You only find out years down the road after you reach the 6,000 song something limit.  I’m sorry If I missed any of this information the documentation.  I don’t recall seeing a warning about this small and yet significant issue.