4GB Clip+ Card Capacity

Hi - new to this forum - but looking to upgrade from the clip to the clip+ - just need a couple of questions answered please.

Unsure whether to get the 4 or 8gb version - I know that the 8Gb is presently expandable to 24Gb with a 16Gb card and possible 40Gb with the intro of a 32Gb card. My question is - is the 4Gb expandable with any size card eg 4/8/16 and 32 when it becomes available or is it limited in its expansion to say 8 or 12Gb in total (eg a 4Gb or 8Gb card)?

Leading on from this - I know that battery life has been  mentioned as a problem on the clip+ because of accessing the card - would it be better to use two 8Gb cards rather than a 16Gb card? I know for the anythingbutipod review it mentioned up to 2 minutes to refresh the database with a 16Gb card - so swapping a card would take a little time to refresh the clip.

Thanks for any info 

Message Edited by charliebrown on 01-22-2010 07:19 AM

@charliebrown wrote:

Hi - new to this forum - but looking to upgrade from the clip to the clip+ - just need a couple of questions answered please.

Unsure whether to get the 4 or 8gb version - I know that the 8Gb is presently expandable to 24Gb with a 16Gb card and possible 40Gb with the intro of a 32Gb card. My question is - is the 4Gb expandable with any size card eg 4/8/16 and 32 when it becomes available or is it limited in its expansion to say 8 or 12Gb in total (eg a 4Gb or 8Gb card)?

Leading on from this - I know that battery life has been  mentioned as a problem on the clip+ because of accessing the card - would it be better to use two 8Gb cards rather than a 16Gb card? I know for the anythingbutipod review it mentioned up to 2 minutes to refresh the database with a 16Gb card - so swapping a card would take a little time to refresh the clip.

Thanks for any info 

Message Edited by charliebrown on 01-22-2010 07:19 AM

All versions of the clip+ support the same cards.  So you could use the 16GB with any.

Battery life using the card is pretty much the same, I’ve seen no issues with it either through my own use (I mostly use the card) or through reports here.  It’s unlikely to be much different to running off the internal flash.