Highlighted

Re: 3rd Revision: iTunes Playlist to Clip (Mac/OS X) script

Thanks Kazwan!

The terminal solution hadn't actually ocurred to me.  In the meantime I found another solution in another forum, which was to download mucommander, and use that to find and delete the hidden files.  

I'd never heard of it before (I'm pretty turd with computers), but it allows you to actually browse through the files which is handy. 

Incidentally, I was getting the same ._* ghost files for any track that I had ripped in itunes (which was quite a few)... 

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Thanks Kazwan - you just saved me a whole lot of trouble. Great little script!
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Mandapandapop -

Your welcome. Always nice to get feedback, so thanks for taking the time to drop a note. 

Highlighted

Just signed up to say thank you Kazwan!  Your script has been a great help to me as I own both a Fuze and Clip - it works perfectly on both.  Good work!
Highlighted
SanDisk User

jamiemutley -

Ditto my response to Mandapandapop, previous. Thanks for the feedback.

Highlighted

Hi,

I was very happy when I found your script, but the playlist is shown empty on my Sansa Clip.

Could that be due to the fact that I have iTunes 9?

The script is nicely shown in iTunes and seems to work perfectly. The songs are copied and arranged in separate folders according to the artists.

But when I access the playlist on the Sansa Clip, it appears empty.

Any idea why?

I have read other comments in this thread and I have looked for hidden files, but didn't find any.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

braut2 -

Hmmm, I'm starting to get a bad feeling. Another person in a private email said the script "worked like a charm" but he received an error message during its execution. He too is running iTunes 9.

So, I (relucantly, I personally don't want every new version of iTunes) installed iTunes 9 on a backup system, tested it and it worked as always.

However, you may have the difference the other individual had; he was running OSX 10.5.8, and I am running 10.4.11 (Tiger).

As I told the other individual, if you want to help me out here you can do two things. First, email the XML file created for the playlist that did not work. You can do this in iTunes with File:Library:Export Playlist and export as XML. You can also email the .m3u file created on the Clip.

I can analyze those files and try to discover a clue to the problem.

It's up to you if you want to help me resolve the issue. Send the email to the address you find in the download Readme file.

I'm guessing Apple would like to make it harder and harder for any other device than the iPod to work with iTunes. Those devious, little, bas...

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Good news, for those interested.

Apparently a bit of a false alarm from braut2; just an oversight in using the script.

Reports to me that it seems to be working fine, though a potential (very minor) bug was brought to my attention in the process of investigating the problem.

Which I plan to fix (and perhaps less than 1% of users will ever know the difference).

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Thanks very much for this script. I downloaded and ran it with Mac OS 10.5.8 and iTunes 9 (following the "read me" instructions exactly) and it worked beautifully. Going out now to walk the 100 lb lab with my playlist. Thank you!
Message Edited by jcdb on 10-15-2009 03:14 PM
Highlighted

Can someone email me the script? The web site seems to be down. alansky at gmail.com  thank you!