3rd Revision: iTunes Playlist to Clip (Mac/OS X) script

Kwanzan

Got the script. Great stuff! It appears to generate the .m3u file just fine. I’m having a problem, though. I’m not sure of it’s the script or the Clip. I have .mp3 files on the Clip, 147 tracks. I drag them to an iTunes playlist and shuffle it in iTunes. The playlist in iTunes has 147 tracks. Then I run the script, and it appears to work perfectly. I end up with a .m3u file on the Clip. The .m3u file has 147 entries, and they’re in the same order as the shuffled playlist in iTunes. Perfect! :smiley:

BUT!

Then I unplug the Clip and navigate to the playlist. I start it playing, and I see 001/123. In other words, the Clip is only “seeing” 123 of the 147 tracks in the playlist. Then, if I go to Music -> Play All, I see 001/147. So the Clip actually can see all 147 tracks. So either:

1. there’s something wrong with the .m3u file, or

2. the Clip isn’t interpreting the .m3u file correctly or otherwise has some problem with .m3u playlists.

BTW, I have done the steps of converting the id3 tags in iTunes, and no change.

Also I’ve looked at the tags of one of the tracks that is in the .m3u file but that doesn’t show up in the playlist on the Clip. They have no weird characters/accents/umlauts/etc.

Any idea what’s going on here?