3rd Revision: iTunes Playlist to Clip (Mac/OS X) script

braut2 -

Hmmm, I’m starting to get a bad feeling. Another person in a private email said the script “worked like a charm” but he received an error message during its execution. He too is running iTunes 9.

So, I (relucantly, I personally don’t want every new version of iTunes) installed iTunes 9 on a backup system, tested it and it worked as always.

However, you may have the difference the other individual had; he was running OSX 10.5.8, and I am running 10.4.11 (Tiger).

As I told the other individual, if you want to help me out here you can do two things. First, email the XML file created for the playlist that did not work. You can do this in iTunes with File:Library:Export Playlist and export as XML. You can also email the .m3u file created on the Clip.

I can analyze those files and try to discover a clue to the problem.

It’s up to you if you want to help me resolve the issue. Send the email to the address you find in the download Readme file.

I’m guessing Apple would like to make it harder and harder for any other device than the iPod to work with iTunes. Those devious, little, bas…