Highlighted
SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

Will this wall charger work?

I have a griffin power block "pb-wht".Output is 5.2 volts 1000ma.This was used with an  ipod.I was wondering if I used the fuze charging cable with it would it work? TIA
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
SanDisk Guru

Re: Will this wall charger work?

If you can plug the cord from the fuze into it then yup. But if it is hard wired with the ipod cord then no.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk User

No the plug is not hard wired.It just has a female usb opening that other usb cords slip into.
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
SanDisk Guru

It should work OK, but it's got an awful high output rating (1000ma). Typically, the AC chargers have a 500ma rating (1/2) and your computer usually puts out around 250ma through the USB port.

As you may or may not know, the biggest enemy of these type batteries (Li-ion or poly) is heat and I would be concerned that while it may re-charge your player in record time, it may also be doing long-term damage resulting in fewer 'cycles' and shorter playing time with each successive charge with using it.

Low & slow is the best for the battery's life. Smiley Wink

SanDisk User

So I need to look for a charger that has 500ma output?Makes sense to me.I thought I had read somewhere were somebody had used a low output charger and it would,nt work.It may have been around 250ma output tho.
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
SanDisk Guru

Don't worry about the 1A (1000mA) rating!  The Sansa won't draw that much current!  The actual current draw is regulated by the Sansa's processor, which controls battery management.

Think of it as having a huge engine under the hood.  It's nice to have that power, but you don't always need it.

The Sansa will be quite happy with that USB charger.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk User

Thanks Bob .Smiley Tongue
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
SanDisk Guru

This is the idea!

Bob  Smiley Tongue

SanDisk Guru

Oh, I used to love Ed Roth's Rat Finks!

Boy, you had to really crank the dial on the 'ol way-back machine for that one, didn't you Mr. Peabody?