SanDisk Guru

Re: Tweakers Speakers

[ Edited ]

I finally broke down and ordered an Altec Lansing iM413.  It's the respectable thing to do, of course, as I love the e200.  I simply had to have one for the workshop too.  I think it a nice complement to the "pop out dock" one I can carry about.  This one's more for the desktop.

It's getting crazy, I have available docking ports everywhere I go now.

Have any of you seen the cool little USB remote battery from Macally?  It's about 2 inches square, half an inch thick, and gives you a power source while you travel on those long flights.  Very cool indeed.  I think I'll have to try one of those.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy 

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 05-22-2009 06:14 PM

Re: Tweakers Speakers charging adapter

I absolutely love my red Tweakers. I've lost the charging USB adapter. Do you know where I can purchase one? I know that they are very inexpensive but I though I would give it a try...
SanDisk Guru

desireesavory wrote:
I absolutely love my red Tweakers. I've lost the charging USB adapter. Do you know where I can purchase one? I know that they are very inexpensive but I though I would give it a try...

You mean this one (found on the manufacturer's website)?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Indeed, you are missing the wee USB-to-Mini B (female) adaptor.  My little girls leave this bit in the craziest places.  You can charge the Tweakers via the pull-out cable connection only, since the lithium ion battery is in the speaker with the power switch and blue LED.  I found a picture of the adaptor:

At $4.95, I'd use the cool adaptor cable lsted.  To use it, the pull-out cable goes into the adaptor, then the other end of the adaptor goes to the second Tweaker.

As a side thought, you can charge the Tweaker with one of the available "auxiliary battery packs" that have a female Mini-B socket as well.

I don't know if the little adaptor supplied with the Tweakers is readily available; they may be packaged one-per-set from the manufacturer in China, but you could call Grandmax to see if they have spares.

As a sidenote, I found an Apple-related site that made the same comparison that I did last year, going from the Tweakers to the Altec-Lansing OrbitMP3.  Reading that this afternoon, I had a case of deja vu!  Bizarre.  I had no idea of the site until today, and this is from February 2009, same month a their review.

Edit: Hey, I win!!  Here's the link.  Their review is from 26 February 2009, after my findings.

Bob Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-27-2010 03:47 PM
Highlighted

Re: Tweakers Speakers

I have purchased the Tweaker Mini Speakers.  They are plugged into my computer and they are fully charged.  The problem?  I can't get them to work.....HELP!!!!