Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Speaker docking stations

Can anyone tell me if the Altec Lansing iM 11 is compatible with the Fuze and also is the iM413 compatible?

Thank you,

Deerwind

SanDisk Professor

Re: Speaker docking stations

[ Edited ]

on amazon it says it says:

"Auxiliary input for MP3 player or personal CD/DVD player "

So it would work.  Anything with a place you can plug into the earphone jack, would work.  It may not sit the same as an iPod, I'm guessing that the place for that is the connector (which you do NOT want to try on your fuze), so  your Fuze may lay on the table.  And you may need to purchase a separate cord to plug from your Fuze to the Altec auxiliary input, I couldn't see if it came with one (probably not) or if there's a cord, but since it says "input" I'm guessing it's a separate cable and you'll need to purchase one (RadioShack probably has them).  This probably does not charge or sync the fuze anywhere, just will be a speaker.  You would need a Fuze specific dock for that I believe.

DO NOT USE iPod accessories that connect through the 30-pin connector!!  The pins are different, and power will be applied to the wrong locations, damaging your Fuze.

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 11-19-2008 11:15 AM
SanDisk Guru

Someone here recently was using the iM413 (I believe) and there are other posts on the forum regarding this dock. Do a search (including the Fuze board). This particular poster though, was having compatibility isues with the latest firmware update a month ago. He claimed it worked fine with the previous f/w.

The Altec Lansing iM11 is definitely not compatible with the sansa Fuze. After using the auxillary input I was only able to achieve minimum playing volume. Even though the fuze fits into the docking station it doesn't work. I only tried it briefly before finding out from another member that you can damage the fuze. STAY AWAY FROM THE IM11.

Thanks to Dalaug234 and Tapeworm for their insight and information I avoided serious damage to my Fuze.

This thread has referenced the Sansa Fuze player and it's 30 pin connector. I've got an older c250 player and am wondering if it uses the same connector. I've seen an ad for a Sony bluetooth headset with an Ipod transmitter. I've also seen a message in this thread that the Ipod and Sansa 30 pin connectors are not compatible, so I'm wondering if there's a bluetooth adapter made for the Sansa players (or an adapter from Ipod to Sansa). Do all the Sansa players use the same 30 pin connector so an accessory for one player will fit most of the other models?
SanDisk Guru

As far as I know (I have a C250, an E280 and a View), all Sansas have the same connector. And the Altec Lansing iM413 is compatible with the Fuze, View, e200 and c200. They even sell it at sansa.com. Click here.