Sansa iM413 remote battery and compatibility

[ Edited ]

My Sansa iM413 remote came without a battery.  Unfortunately there are no markings on the remote, in the manual or online as to what kind of battery it uses.  I thought it might use a CR2025 3V lithium battery, but this either does not work or I've toasted my remote.

Can anyone that has one of these check the remote to see what kind of battery comes with it?

In the event that I've toasted the remote, will the remote for the Altec Lansing M604 work for the iM413?  I know someone that has one and thought it might be worth a try...

Thanks

Message Edited by jackpine on 04-26-2008 09:51 AM
SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa iM413 remote battery and compatibility

I have been searching for the battery number for you, and I see that it is missing from the online specifications, including the user manual!

I see on a closeup of a different remote, the familiar battery access at the bottom of the device.  I woould have assumed that a CR2025 3V would be the choice.  Is there any polarity indication ? The battery could be inverted.

A soon as I have the spare cash, I'm going to purchase one of these.  You might post in the e200 forum, as an iM413 user will most likely have an e200, and the forum has the most traffic.

The accessories forum is usually pretty quiet.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I just purchased a used Altec Lansing im413 for my Sansa 280R off eBay and the wireless remote did not work out of the box.  It defintely takes a CR 2025 battery.  I thought the battery needed replacement, so I replaced it and the remote still did not work.  I played with the remote some more and found that the battery contact inside the wireless remote was not touching the battery to allow for a good connection.  There is a tab that touches the side of the battery at the bottom of the wireless remote battery well.  I bent that battery tab up a bit and it my wireless remote started working as it should.  Hope this tip helps others.

I also received a remote with the IM413, with the battery in a plastic bag.  But I can't figure out how to get the battery into the remote!!!  Help!!  It's making me crazy.  The battery is a little bit larger than a dime.  The following is imprinted on the battery; CR2025, Newsun, 3V, Lithium cell, Japan STD. 

Good luck!

How do you insert the battery!!??  Can you help?

Thanks -

I called the company and they said to use your fingernail in the slot area - have the remote upwards helped me - where it looks like a gap and then push and hold it there and

(if I remember correctly - I just got it this afternoon) pull up from underneath - it slides out.

I know it's really goofy and flimsy but took the chance when I bought the system.

That and the FM wire were the complaints I read.

Also, put the battery in with the writing up so it faces the back - if that made sense lol.

Now, I used my Fuze in the dock today on and off and now I can't get the Fuze to play and the battery

in the Fuze shows it's at 63 -65 % charged. I put rechargeable batteries first in the unit and it worked then 

when it didn't I thought the batteries were low so I recharged them and put reg. New batteries in it and also 

tried the power cord and the Fuze lights up but won't play (radio works) so now that's why I just registered to find out 

if anyone knows about this ? Saw your question first so I figured if I help someone first I might get some good luck with my dilemma. 

Sorry for the of topic part @ the end - just P'Oed since I just got it and it's not working right after it first did a few hours ago. :smileymad:

SanDisk User

Hi;  I have two used im413 speaker docks.  One came with a remote, one did not.  The remote has no part or model number on it.  Does anyone know what it is so I can search on ebay?  Thanks

Try searching eBay for 'im413 remote' - I found an original im413 remote on auction here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Altec-Lansing-inMotion-Remote-Control-Black-/400844208887?pt=LH_DefaultDomai...

SanDisk User

thanks  I saw that too.  I also saw a few that look similar but were just listed by part (or remote) number, so I don't know if they are compatible.  I was hoping not to spend $20.  I guess I will just keep looking.

The remote in the eBay auction is exactly like the remotes I have for the three im413 units I have.  Since the remote is no longer available new, you will only be able to find it used or purchase a compatable unit, as noted here:

http://www.remotes.com/store/altec_lansing/im413.html

If $20 is too much for you, keep an eye on eBay and another used one will likely come up cheaper at some point.