Sandisk Ultra ll 8gb Mem. card problem

Hi all, I just bought 2 of these cards one for my Wii one for my DSi. My PC will not see either card usually it hangs when insert them in my card reader or my printer also has card reader support and it says card error. My smaller 2gb Sandisk Ultra ll works just fine. They both work in my DSi and Wii, but I really want to transfer podcasts, and other audio files to it by mem. card. Is there something I should do? I can't formant it because it won't even show up in my computer. :/ Thanks
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Sandisk Ultra ll 8gb Mem. card problem

Are the card readers capable of reading SDHC, or just SD?  I believe anything over 2GB is SDHC, so you may need a new card reader.
DAPs: Fuze 8GB+16GB for office, Meizu miniPlayer 4GB for the car, Clip 8GB for walking around.
Headphones:: Sleek Audio SA-6 (treble ++), Koss KSC75 modded, Grado SR-80i, Grado-225.
SanDisk Guru

@tenzip wrote:
Are the card readers capable of reading SDHC, or just SD?  I believe anything over 2GB is SDHC, so you may need a new card reader.

I second that. Not all card readers are SDHC compliant.

Ahh..your right lol They are SDHC thanks alot guys, I will buy a new card reader I just thought they would at least work in my printer. Oh well. I'll check ebay Smiley Happy
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Do I need a new card reader? I have been trying for over an hour now to try to get my SD/MMC (dunno what that is, really) USB Reader/Writer to work so I can use my 4GB card. I have seriously installed and rebooted about 5 times, and the drivers (don't really even know what that is, either) are just still not working. I'll install and then hook up the reader and Windows will ask me to find the drivers again and put in the CD again, and I'm sick of trying it over and over. I've even tried drivers from other websites. I'm obviously not good with computers, so if you could please be as simple as you can. Any and all help is appreciated, because otherwise I have a $30 microscopic piece of junk. Smiley Sad
Message Edited by bluestone on 05-04-2009 04:21 PM
SanDisk Guru

Could be. Do you have a 2GB card you can try? 2GB & under are SD format and all card readers will work with these. It's only 4GB & above that are SDHC and sometimes have issues with older card readers.
SanDisk User

You know, the reader is very old to be honest, but I had a 256 MB card that I was trying, too and that didn't work out.
Highlighted

So, I'm having a prob with my ultra 8Gb...as I was in the middle of taking amazing pictures of the mountains in colorado my camera said: "this card cannot be used"...I've had the same card and camera for a year....when i put it in my mac to retrieve the pics that had been taken it said it couldn't do it....what the heck? Someone helpSmiley Sad