SanDisk Guru

Re: I need firmware that is going to WORK

chambersix wrote:

The 40 hours you are working though pertains to this job. My 40+ hours per week does not pertain to finding my own resolution to a problem in your company. You are the paid professional to help me and everyone else who comes to you for help. I am not paid to find an answer or do your job. You should never be testy with anyone, especially someone you know nothing about. I have taken nothing in vain. My gratitude will come when some of the issues I have voiced actually come to fruition. The most amazing thing is this...had you treated me more with respect, dropping the sarcasm, name calling and attitude, my reaction would have been totally different. I am not the one in the WRONG here. You are. You are the paid professional. If anything, I deserve an apology. 

This is a great lecture  . . . too bad it's mis-directed. I am not going to continue 'fanning the flames' as it seems anything I say to you is taken out of context and un-appreciated. So I won't even try anymore, except to say:

Yes I am a professional, but I am not a SanDisk employee in any capacity. I receive no salary, pay, or any compensation for the time I spend here answering people's questions. I, too have a full-time + job at which I spend 60-90 hours a week at. This I do in what spare time I have.

Good luck with your problem. As I said before, you have a very old piece of technology. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact the e200 series is still my favorite Sansa player. I have 5 of them. The problem is SanDisk is not spending any more money on support for these devices; no firmware updates and no telephone tech support. Your best chance at finding any solutions is here on the forum. Yes, it will cost you time and effort. You can also give up on it and buy a new player. The choice is yours.

SanDisk Guru

5 of them?  Wow--I thought that I was bad in having multiple Clips.  Smiley Wink

And really, no phone support for the e200 series?  That never occurred to me--my apologies if they won't help on the phone (but I'd still try--you might luck out, and it's a free call).  I'd offer, but gave my e200 player to charity a few years back, when I got a Clip. 

Highlighted

LOL Smiley Wink....Take care and thanks again.
SanDisk Guru

chambersix:

Although I don't have your player, what I think is happening/needs to happen is:

1.  You're having an audiobook problem.  No one is sure why.  But it looks like you haven't updated your firmware over time, and there is a much more recent version.  Maybe it would help.

2.  You tried to update using the automatic Sansa Updater.  However, as your player is older, the Updater doesn't recognize it.

3.  You can try and telephone SanDisk for support.  However, it is possible that they will tell you that they no longer support you (older) player.  I'd try, though.

4.  Here is, I believe, the link to the firmware upgrade thread for your player.  (Please verify that this is your player model.)

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=15209

If you go there, you'll see the instructions for downloading to your computer and then updating your player with the latest firmware for your player.  That could help with your audiobooks issue.

A few notes:

--  You'll need to "unzip"/extract (that is, essentially, unpack, like a suitcase) the file that you download.  Your computer already may have software in it to do this.  (Try right-clicking on the downloaded file, and then look for an "extract" or "unzip" option.)  If it does not, you'll need to download zip/unzip software from the Internet -- 7-zip is a free software option that you can use.  http://www.7-zip.org/

--  When the instructions say to drop the firmware upgrade file into the "root" level of your Sansa player, simply drag and drop the firmware upgrade file onto the icon in your computer's My Computer (or Computer) folder that represents your player.  (In other words, open the My Computer (or Computer) folder and then drag and drop the firmware upgrade file onto the icon that represents your player.)

The firmware upgrade process is fairly simple to do, but it may not be familiar (and the words used to describe the process may not be familiar).  Just go slow, and ask any questions you may have.  And actually, I think that the SanDisk Customer Support people may be willing to talk you through the process, if that would help you, even if they no longer are supporting your player, as the firmware upgrade process is the same (or similar) for all the players.

Good luck!

This is a great lecture  . . . too bad it's mis-directed. I am not going to continue 'fanning the flames' as it seems anything I say to you is taken out of context and un-appreciated. So I won't even try anymore, except to say: One that is greatly deserved. Not mis-directed unless someone else was actually responding under your username. Nothing was taken out of context. The words articulated were what they were. Still waiting for an apology. That will help to set things right, and then perhaps we can start again with the pleasantries.

Yes I am a professional, but I am not a SanDisk employee in any capacity. I receive no salary, pay, or any compensation for the time I spend here answering people's questions. I, too have a full-time + job at which I spend 60-90 hours a week at. This I do in what spare time I have. So I have learned this now...not by you of course. I believe you wanted me to think you were part of the Sansa staff. Can't imagine why you would spend 60-90 hours a week answering questions on top of a full time job. Don't you have a life?

Good luck with your problem. As I said before, you have a very old piece of technology. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact the e200 series is still my favorite Sansa player. I have 5 of them. The problem is SanDisk is not spending any more money on support for these devices; no firmware updates and no telephone tech support. Your best chance at finding any solutions is here on the forum. Yes, it will cost you time and effort. You can also give up on it and buy a new player. The choice is yours.

Yes...technology does change as fast as a blinking eye. My player is now functional and working fine. Not from any of these forum posts. I actually contacted the media software download company who walked me step by step through the problems I was having with my Sansa player. Thanks to this person's help, my issue was resolved in less than 10 minutes. Hopefully it will stick. I have successfully downloaded 7 audio books as of 2 hours ago.

Still waiting for an apology. The ability to provide an apology when a wrong has been committed, actually defines a person and who they are from the inside out. Take care and do something you enjoy, like go on a vacation to Fiji or some exotic place where you can simply unwind and do nothing. Smiley Wink

I'm actually afraid to do this update now...simply because another tech person from the media download company had me do stuff to fix my player, which was not Sansa related. No firmware update was performed. But, now my audio player is at least accepting the download and transferring these books onto the player with success. Not sure what this person did. I was just following the steps. I am afraid I'll be ruining what is now working. Thanks. If I have more problems in the future, I guess I'll come back and attempt the firmware update. Smiley Happy
SanDisk Guru

Cool--great to hear that it's up and running!  Smiley Happy   It sounds like it wasn't an issue with the Sansa, but with the other software.

Although, personally, I like having the most recent firmware on my player, I certainly can understand your reluctance in upgrading it here.  As I said, I don't have this player anymore and so don't know what improvements the latest firmware might bring you (the reason, typically, to upgrade the firmware).  There may be info. in the E200 forum, if you might want to check that out sometime.

In the meanwhile, enjoy your player after all these months!