For Sale: Altec Lansing IM413 - Brand New in Box - Never Opened

[ Edited ]

Please refer to the Forum Rules and Guidelines no posting of items for sale.

Best regards

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 12-17-2009 10:18 AM

Re: For Sale: Altec Lansing IM413 - Brand New in Box - Never Opened

[ Edited ]

See above

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 12-17-2009 10:19 AM
SanDisk Guru

Dude this is not allowed on here. Sorry.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

interested in buying
SanDisk Guru

Despite being a popular machine as of late, we cannot have the forum become a "craigslist".  I'm sure that you can handle such matters via PM (private message). 

The forums are for the sole purpose of supporting the Sansa, and not trading.  I'm glad I grabbed an iM413 when I had the chance, as they're an awesome machine paired with the Fuze or e200.  Well, awesome with the Clip and Clip + too.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

dude, this item is REALLY hard to find...any idea how i can locate the guy who posted the no-no note?
SanDisk Guru

theotherbob wrote:
dude, this item is REALLY hard to find...any idea how i can locate the guy who posted the no-no note?

Before it was removed, he had a link to the item on E-Bay. Maybe you could find it there. If not the one he's selling, maybe another one.

Othewise, you could always try PM'ing (Private Messaging) him here.

Hello - I'm the original poster...

First my apologies for posting an item for sale in this forum. I was unaware of the policies.

I was also unaware of what I had, and it was scooped up very quickly when I placed it on eBay.

I'm sorry, it is sold and again sorry for posting in this forum.

SanDisk Guru

Hey, no worries!  The policy is primarily to prevent the forums from being cluttered with sale items that detract from the forum's primary purpose- to help others figure these wee beasties out.

I have long wondered if an items for sale / trade page would work out, but the potential hairball may be the logic against it.  I've seen other forums struggle with it.

I'm glad you found an eager customer for your Altec, as this unit is the hot ticket with the Sansa.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I live in Canada and the situation is the same over here - no major electronics retailers stock the iM413 anymore. The only place I have found that still sells it is Amazon.ca where it sells for $100.99 CAD (directly from Amazon.ca, not a 3rd-party retailer). Unfortunately, they only ship electronics to Canadian addresses, so this information is only useful if you're living in Canada or know someone with a Canadian address who can send it to you after having received it from Amazon.ca.

I do think it is overpriced for what it is, though. You can get a similar result if you have a pair of decent computer speakers that are compatible with MP3 players (i.e. Creative T10) and just insert the audio plug into your Sansa's headphone jack. But this way, the Sansa's battery will drain as you are listening to music. A solution to this problem is to buy a Griffin PowerDock for Sansa and plug your speakers' audio plug into the "line-out" of the dock. The PowerDock connects via a mini-USB to USB cable to an AC adapter, which charges the Sansa while you listen to it through speakers. It does not come with an AC adapter, so you have to get your own (that has a USB input). 

I have an iM413 that I'm happy with, but I got an e250 for my dad and there are no speaker docks available, so this is what we're using now, and the sound quality is great - no complaints. It does take up more room than the speaker dock, though, and you can't listen to FM radio through speakers. Hope this helps!

Message Edited by speedypear on 01-03-2010 11:37 PM