problem with Videos....

Well… I’ve just purchased the iXpand yesterday and I’ve transferred some videos to it. There’s no problem during transfer process. However, this morning when I tried to view those videos on my Ipad, whenever the app was getting index thumbnails for the videos, there was either an interruption on playback, or the whole app crashed. Has anybody encountered this problem? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Have the same problem on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Larger video files- well under the capacity of the drive- hang at some point into the content and the location cannot be recovered.

Also have a problem with opening files in other apps.

I bought the drive to hold extra video content for playback while on the road. This seriously hampers using it as such.

64GB iXpand Drive iPhone 6 and iPad Air all current on SW.

Quick one please, has this been confirmed to be a bug already? I’d like to know if there’s a version update to combat this as well.

@davgreg wrote:

I bought the drive to hold extra video content for playback while on the road. This seriously hampers using it as such.

Maybe SanDisk’s Wireless Media Drive would be a better choice for you then.

Well, I’ve thought about the matter…

I’ve waited patiently or scanned through every pages for my videos… once it gets all the thumbnail indexes it needed, when I browse the video page again, the problem no longer exists, so consider it is just a memory stick with no processor in it, I’m not surprised that this happened. But still … .it’s annoying to go through this every time new videos are added, and… with the price that we paid for it, hopefully they’ll sort this out.

I have the Seagate Wireless plus drive… the problem is… their App only support the playback of MP4 videos. Of course you can use third party apps, but once I use those, it takes time for them to display all the videos inside the drive, sometimes it’s more than 20 minutes. I was looking for a “plug-and-play” device. That’s why I bought the iXpand.  I’m not sure if Sandisk wireless drive is a better option for this…

A new app version was just recently released. Have you tried updating? do you still see the same issue?

You mean the one released at 25th of February? Yes I did. (I’m using IOS version). I’ve encountered that problem after I have update the app.