iTunes Music Files

I just purchased a 64GB iXpand.  I copied 29GB of music from iTunes directly into the “Music” folder on the device.  I connect the device to my iPhone and open the “Music” tab. 

The music “does” show up…although at the top it is saying “Building Audio Database”. I am assuming this will take awhile since there are so many files. 

Two questions:

1. Will the database have to be built every single time the iXpand is connected to the iPhone?

The albums that are on there, the songs are not in order. They are in order on iTunes and correctly labeled (I am very OCD about this.)

1. Will the tracks be in correct order after the “Database Build”? Or is this an issue other people have come across?

Thanks!

@reznor2112 wrote:

Two questions:

1. Will the database have to be built every single time the iXpand is connected to the iPhone?

The database should only rebuild if files are added or removed

The albums that are on there, the songs are not in order. They are in order on iTunes and correctly labeled (I am very OCD about this.)

1. Will the tracks be in correct order after the “Database Build”? Or is this an issue other people have come across?

This is a bug in album view. It has been reported and should be fixed in an upcoming update. Files will show in the correct order in the Artist view if you want to use that as a work around. 

Thanks!

1 Like

Haven’t met such issue yet. But for iTunes music, I usually download them and save them on my local device for using offline via the tool iTunes Music Converter. It can help make iTunes music as local audios and can be used on other devices directly.

Thanks for your solution. i use ViWizard Audio Converter also can do the same functions, but more safe ,stable and powerful. i have been used this app for 2 years.
apple-select-output-format