Unable to see photos

I bought the ixpand Flash drive to back up my photos from my iphone 6plus.  I am able to copy the files, but when I go to view the photo file, I just see a RED SQUARE.  Can you guide me to fix this.  Thank you

red square typically mean the fle type is not supported. are the pictures shot from the iphone? what version of the ixpand app do you have?

Hi

Thank you for you respond.  Yes, the photos were taken from my Iphone.  I just got the iXpand Flash drive 64GB  USB 3.0 port ixpand.png

This is what I see in the photo file.  tks

from this view the red squares just means it has not generated the thumbnails for the files. can you open the picture of you tap on it? if so you may just need to wait for the app to generate the thumbnails. pull down on the list so it refreshes and it should start processing the thumbnail generation. 

also your screen shot is super small so i was not able to see the file names etc. make sure they are .jpg. Im not sure about the iPhone 6 but the latest iOS version for the 7 has a new image format. if you have that make sure you have udpated the ixpand app. 

Hi,

If I tap on the red square I just get a black screen. I am resending the screen shot, but the file name comes out as IMG_8254jpg. the IOS version that I have is 10.2.1 ixpand.png

the file names that have the words photo or photo-full in them are not created by an iOS device. Have you used some sort of photo editing app or something to modify the image? if so that may be why those are not opening. 

it may be best to contact sandisk support and send them a few sample files so they can analyse the files and see if they can see what the issue may be. 

Hi 

I updated the new IOS 11.2 version and now I am able to see the files and photos. 

Thank you for all your time and help!!

@io13 wrote:

I bought the ixpand Flash drive to back up my photos from my iphone 6plus.  I am able to copy the files, but when I go to view the photo file, I just see a RED SQUARE.  Can you guide me to fix this.  Thank you

Facing same problem, solution please!