SanDisk iXpand™ Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad

http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile/ixpand/ 

iXpand™ Flash Drive is the easiest way to transfer photos and videos between your iPhone, iPad, PCs and Mac computers. Quickly free up memory on your iPhone or iPad, and instantly expand storage by up to 64GB**.

• Automatically copies photos and videos from the camera roll to the drive when connected
  • Play all popular format videos** and music files from the drive
  • Durable, flexible connector works with iPhone/iPad cases

Overview

Easy Transfer Between iPhone, iPad and Computers

Lightning and USB connectors make it a snap to move pictures and videos between devices.

Automatically Sync Photos and Videos
Set the app to automatically copy photos and videos from your camera roll to the drive when the drive is connected.

Over 3x the Transfer Speed of Other Drives**
The fastest way to move files on-the-go from your iPhone or iPad.

Free Up iPhone/iPad Memory
Offers 16, 32 or 64GB**so you never need to worry about being out of memory.

Play Movies and Music Directly From the Drive
Play all popular format videos** and music files from the drive, through the downloadable iXpand Sync app.

Password Protect Your Files
Encrypt files**
Lock files on your iPhone or iPad using a password and just as easily unlock them on your computer.

Specification

• Interface: Lightning and USB 2.0 connectors (one connector used at a time)
  • Available in: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB**
  • Mobile device compatibility: iPhone and iPad with Lightning connector and iOS 7.1 and higher
  • PC/ Mac computer compatibility: Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X v10.6+.
  • Supported video formats: WMV, .AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV
  • Li-ion Battery (3.7V): pre-charged, ready to use
  • Operational Temperature: 0~60° C
  • Dimensions: 64.17mm x 36.78mm x 11.80mm
  • Two year limited warranty**

Application

SanDisk iXpand Sync required for use. Download SanDisk iXpand Sync from the Apple App store

Support

Quick Links

Downloads

hi how are you? i was wondering if you could help me out with my ixpand. i bought it a couple of days ago and it worked fine. i was able to copy my camera roll to the device and even managed to watch video from the device on my iphone. however, i used it until the battery ran out and it told me to charge it. i connected it to my computer and left it to charge until the green light showed up and after that i tried to use it again and my phone will not recognize it. when i open the app it tells me to check that the drive is charged and it is and a light starts to blink as soon as i plug it into the phone. dont know that that light means! the manual says that it means its tranfering files but how can it be that if i cant even see whats on it? on my PC i cant open it to see the contents either. it shows up as an external drive but when i click it it says to connect a drive. i really hope you can help me to fix this problem since i just bought it and only used it once.

see your other post

My new sandiskIXpand drive worked great in the shop I bought it in. Downloaded all my photos. Great. It showed that It worked the first time I downloaded chosen photo files to new folders. But it doesn’ti automatically download to photo roll when i insert the thing into my ipad mini as stated. Now it doesnt download the photo files i try to do it manually. The red line moves to a certain place…then stops for an hour until i cancel! What am I doing wrongly? What can I Do to fix it? It is fully charged…showing constant green light. HELP!

If you are still having the issue you may want to start a new thread. New threads will get the most visibility. 

That said there have been a few updates pushed so make sure you have updated the FW and App and try enabling automatic sync in the settings. If the issue is still occurring start a new thread with as much info, screen shots, etc you can provide. 

1 Like

This product isn’t worth the paper it is packaged in. I received mine with the idea of using it to move data between my iPad Pro and my MacBook Pro. No luck…

1. As it comes the unit needs to have it’s firmware upgraded - you can only use a PC or an iOS device running iOS 8. My iPad came with iOS 9 and I have no iOS devices with iOS 8. I have no access to a PC computer. I am up the creek without a paddle.

2. When I plug the USB side into my Mac I found I could not write to it. Why? Because the unit comes formatted with NTFS which Macs can’t write to - even though on the box it says it is compatible with Os X 10.6. Talk about false advertising!!!

So I can’t write to the unit from a Mac, I can’t update the firmware from a Mac, and I don’t have access to an iOS device running iOS 8. Sandisk just effectively shrugged it’s shoulders in online chat.  

Don’t waste your money on a company that really doesn’t support OS X and really doesn’t support iOS. I have a useless piece of junk that wasn’t cheap.

DON"T BUY!!!

@abusbey wrote:

1. As it comes the unit needs to have it’s firmware upgraded - you can only use a PC or an iOS device running iOS 8. My iPad came with iOS 9 and I have no iOS devices with iOS 8. I have no access to a PC computer. I am up the creek without a paddle.

Apple made changes in iOS between iOS 8 and iOS 9. These changes made the iXpand not work with the original FW so a FW update was released. This was done prior to the iOS 9 release. Newly produced iXpand devices come from the factory with the iOS 9 compatible FW. It seems the place you purchased from had older stock of the iXpand drive so yes a FW update will be required. 

1. When I plug the USB side into my Mac I found I could not write to it. Why? Because the unit comes formatted with NTFS which Macs can’t write to - even though on the box it says it is compatible with Os X 10.6. Talk about false advertising!!!

No the iXpand does not come formatted in NTFS. The iXpand come formatted in FAT32 (called MS DOS file type on Mac) which is compatible with Windows as well as Mac. 

1 Like

Same your case, it is good for first time and when I back up third, there are unstable and no response for the red bar.

It is too bad. Now the ixpand just a USB storage, waste money!!!

Two problems:

1. I copy an mp4 video from my Mac then can use the SNDK iOS app to play it on my iPad or iPhone with no problem. If I secure it by moving it into the vault, it is no longer playable by the SNDK iOS app. If I move it back out of the vault, it is playable again.

2. If I am playing an mp4 video and slide the time bar under it, the sound mutes and the only way to get it back is to quit the app and restart it again.

Both probems are reproducable on iOS 10.2 with your latest app.

if any one want the accessories related to apple or their new devices can visit any time tablet hire he will get  the answers and will have a great experience about tech world.