SanDisk iXpand™ Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad

This product isn’t worth the paper it is packaged in. I received mine with the idea of using it to move data between my iPad Pro and my MacBook Pro. No luck…

1. As it comes the unit needs to have it’s firmware upgraded - you can only use a PC or an iOS device running iOS 8. My iPad came with iOS 9 and I have no iOS devices with iOS 8. I have no access to a PC computer. I am up the creek without a paddle.

2. When I plug the USB side into my Mac I found I could not write to it. Why? Because the unit comes formatted with NTFS which Macs can’t write to - even though on the box it says it is compatible with Os X 10.6. Talk about false advertising!!!

So I can’t write to the unit from a Mac, I can’t update the firmware from a Mac, and I don’t have access to an iOS device running iOS 8. Sandisk just effectively shrugged it’s shoulders in online chat.  

Don’t waste your money on a company that really doesn’t support OS X and really doesn’t support iOS. I have a useless piece of junk that wasn’t cheap.

DON"T BUY!!!