SanDisk iXpand App keeps crashing when i open videos

Hi! I currently bought my iexpand mini 32gb and i am having issues. Whenever i play any type of videos, the SanDisk iXpand drive app (5.0.2) keeps on crashing! I already tried deleting and reinstalling the iexpand app in my iphone 5s (ios 9.3.3), in my ipad mini (ios9.3.5) and i tried it in my iphone 8plus (ios 11.3.1) but the same thing still happens! The app opens properly, but when i try to play any type of videos or movies, the app just crashes. Does anybody have the same issue? Please help. Any advice would be appreciated! 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk iXpand App keeps crashing when i open videos

5.0.3 is out now. I would recommend updating and see if the same issue occurs. If so what is the video file type and codec?

I have been having the same issue. I've been using ixpand for almost a year now, and the app worked great until I installed the lastest update. Now whenever I open a video, the app will crash.

Here same behaviour cannot playback video's anymore (photo's are fine).Used to work as a charm.

All videos I playback crash the app, no matter what extension I try: Avi, Mov, MP4. Also small video's

iPhone 6S, iOS: 10.3.3, App version 5.0.5, internal mem. 1.3 GB available, preview thumnails look fine.

Deleted app and reinstalled it, restart phone, but no success..Smiley Sad

Anybody has suggestions? thnx!

GOOD NEWS!

I tried deleting the cache in the app, no success..

But..Deleting the LOST & ixpand folder on the thumbdrive with a PC dit the magic!

The drive seems to work fine again and plays back all videos! .Smiley Very Happy

So try to delete the ixpand dir on the thumbdrive.