SanDisk iXpand App crashes when playing videos while connected to blue tooth audio

i have been having an issue that when trying to play videos that are on my SanDisk iXpand drive on my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone 7, if i am connected to blue tooth audio the SanDisk iXpand Drive app always crashes when connected to blue tooth audio. I will turn off the blue tooth connection on the device (iPad or iPhone, whichever i am using at the time) and then the videos will play. I have also been having the issue that for some videos the audio will drop 1/2 into the video. I purchased this iXpand drive just for storing videos, but the app constanly crashing and audio dropping is starting to be disappointing. This iXpand has the potential to be such a great product if the bugs can be fixed.

there are a few different ixpand products and apps. Which one do you have and what is the version of the app? Make sure you are running the latest release. 

I am using the SanDisk iXpand Drive app on both the iPad and the iPhone. What other apps allow for one to play videos off of the SanDisk Drive?   I can’t recall which version i was using because i just loaded the updated (version 4.4.1 last night). I will see if that fixes the issues.

you have the ixpand USB 3.0. this board is for the iXpand USB 2.0 (older version) 

let us know if the crash still occurs with 4.4.1.If so you would need to contact sandisk support and let them know the make and model of BT headphones you are using and send them the logs from the app. 

what do you mean by … this board is for the USB 2.0 ?   what board?

@thinkofparis wrote:

what do you mean by … this board is for the USB 2.0 ?   what board?

The message board you posted in. The iXpand 3.0 board is here.

Right church, wrong pew. :wink: