Re: Problem with latest update

For that I found a solution. If you open top reel where you see the list of all the videos on the drive you can slide each one (one by one) from right to left exposing some symbols. One of them looks like a down facing arrow. Click on it and the file will be transferred to the app. If you take out the drive you’ll still be able to see it
SanDisk Guru

awesome. thanks for letting us know. 

I had a reply from customer care. Basically they acknowledged the bug and said they are working on it but don’t know if (or when) the renamed files will come back to the original name. At least I hope next version of the app won’t have all these problems.

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem. I've just updated the iXpand Drive app.

I own an iXpand mini flash drive.

After updating the app, i'm not able to copy my photo and video files into the drive.

Each time i click on copy files and 'Copy Photos from Phone', it tries to load and then just jumps out of the screen.

Is there a bug there? I've checked my iPhone and under photos, i've allowed iXpand to access it. So it shouldn't be an issue here.

Kindly advice as I need to back up my photo and video files.

SanDisk Guru

@Belanna84 wrote:
I had a reply from customer care. Basically they acknowledged the bug and said they are working on it but don’t know if (or when) the renamed files will come back to the original name. At least I hope next version of the app won’t have all these problems.

I contacted sandisk support as well and apparently this is not a "bug" this is by design in the latest update. They did confirm that they would forward the complaints to the development team but did not have any information if or when this may be changed back to the way it worked before. 

SanDisk Guru

@cacky wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem. I've just updated the iXpand Drive app.

After updating the app, i'm not able to copy my photo and video files into the drive.

Each time i click on copy files and 'Copy Photos from Phone', it tries to load and then just jumps out of the screen.

Is there a bug there? I've checked my iPhone and under photos, i've allowed iXpand to access it. So it shouldn't be an issue here.

If you are seeing app crash issues I would suggest contacting sandisk support directly and submit the logs from the app so they can try to find what is causing the issue. 

@drlucky wrote:

@cacky wrote:

Hi,

If you are seeing app crash issues I would suggest contacting sandisk support directly and submit the logs from the app so they can try to find what is causing the issue. 

hi ... how do i contact sandisk?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

wrote:

hi ... how do i contact sandisk?

https://www.sandisk.com/about/contact

Same problem here!
It is still working on my ipad but not on my iphone 6s.
I have tried uninstall and reinstall the app and restarting my phone but problem is still there. Hope there is a solution for this.

@Huijiun wrote:
Same problem here!
It is still working on my ipad but not on my iphone 6s.
I have tried uninstall and reinstall the app and restarting my phone but problem is still there. Hope there is a solution for this.

What's your iOS? My iOS is still on 10 and i suspect the app update is incompatible.